Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SVRA Race at Barber Motorsports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
Whose going? I will be there Friday- Sunday taking care of an RX7 and MGB. Not a lot of porsche guys in the group. Wish it was more like HSR where there are 100s of Porsches.
tommy914
I'll be there, Saturday mid morning through Sunday. Spectator only. Not sure yet if I'll be in the 914. Kinda depends on the traveling weather Saturday. But whatever I decide, it will be a mid engined Porsche.
Where are all the racers staying? Looks like the good hotels listed on the SVRA site for this event are booked up.

SGB
Hiya Brett! I wanna go down, but will only make it one day. i can't tell which day will be better, saturday or Sunday. Can you give me a lttle info from your experience? The Huntsville SCCA "open AX" is this Sunday too, and I could get some personal insrtuction from our PCA prez. Of course his GT-3 isn't quite the vehicle mine is, but maybe he would still like it after driving my car.
Brett W
Saturday will be a better day. There will be more going on. This is a new group that we are racing with so I don't know how there organization is.

We are sleeping at the track so I don't know about hotels.
maf914
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Apr 5 2006, 02:31 PM)
Where are all the racers staying? Looks like the good hotels listed on the SVRA site for this event are booked up.

I have gone to races at Barber a couple of times and enjoyed both trips. There are plenty of motels on the south-east of Birmingham near Interstate 495 in the direction of Hoover. Plenty of restaurants and shopping centers in this area too. Takes 15 or 20 minutes to get to the track which is off I-20 near I-495. Try Orbitz.com or another of the travel sites and get a list of motels in the area you prefer.
tommy914
Can I take a tent and camp!?!?!

I found a B&B near by that will do.
Brett W
There is a tent campground on site. Don't remember the cost.
tommy914
It was great meeting Brett and Scott.
Here are some of my pics
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
Scott's car
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
tommy914
more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.