Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Megasquirt Injection Control setting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I'm going to crank the car tonight but I want to make sure i have my baseline settings correct.

user posted image

Installing MS II V3.0 on a '73 2.0 (4cyl, port injection, 4 injectors, low impedence injectors, speed density). My required fuel came out to be around 13. (122 cubic inch, 4 inj, 24 lbs/hr) Stock 2.0 injectors, plenum, runners.

Do I want 2 or 4 Injections per cycle?

Injections per Engine Cycle is set the number of squirts you want per engine cycle. You want this to be set so that your idle pulse width is no less than 2.0 ms, if possible, and your Req_Fuel is less than 15-18 milliseconds, but more than 6 milliseconds. These values allow proper tuning of the idle mixture while maintaining the ability to apply enrichments (acceleration, warm-up, etc.) under full throttle. This is the total injector events that you wish to occur for every engine cycle (360 degrees for two stroke engines and 720° for four strokes.

What about injector staging? Alternating or Simultaneous? (alternating is my guess)
Even fire or odd fire? (i say even fire according to MS II documentation)

Do I setup my injector banks as follows?

INJ1 - Cyl 1, 3
INJ2 - Cyl 2, 4

This is the firing order of the dizzy:
user posted image
i believe the dizzy numbering is incorrect but the sequence is right.

I plugged into the calculator here:
http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/mfuel.htm
Disp 122 cubic inch, 4 cyl, 4 inj, 4 squirts, 24 lbs/hr, alternating, gas.

That gave me Req Fuel of 13.3ms and downloaded req fuel of 6.7. This satisfies the required fuel range above of 6-15ms. So are these settings acceptable?

Thanks
DNHunt
Yarin

I use 4 per cycle, alternating. Check the number of cylinders you have. It should be 4 and 4 injectors.

Dave
crash914
ok, I am running the following...

required fuel 11.6 (36#/hr injectors)

2 injections/cycle
alternating even fire, port injection

sounds like you are close...just try it. you should be able to tell if it is lean or rich.

if it backfires, then its lean.
yarin
Ok so i'm on the right track, i'll see how it goes and check the WB02 assuming its setup properly.

The screen capture i posted is the default settings from the MS site. i'm at work and wanted to post a sample.
agrump
Mine, 2056cc with 1.7 injectors

yarin
whoah.. pretty large range of configuration that work for different people.

what about the injectors? do i have the two banks hooked up properly?
Bleyseng
Yep, Djet is ol school but ya just turn the little screw to tune it, pretty basic and KISS.

But I do hear the call of laptop tuneable calling me!! Maybe for Blairs black car. rolleyes.gif
yarin
Ahhh crap... go figure, i missed something:

However, it is important to understand that there are differences between the ignition input signal needed for MegaSquirt-II versus MegaSquirt:

MegaSquirt needed one signal per ignition event, but the timing was not critical.
MegaSquirt-II needs one signal per ignition event, but this signal MUST occur at the advance offset with respect to TDC.
So you CANNOT use the negative side of the coil to trigger MegaSquirt-II because the coil already has timing advance built in, and using it for a timing signal will screw up the total advance severely. You must use the appropriate distributor or crank wheel for your ignition module.

Argh... there goes my plan to start things up tonight. I was planning on triggering off the (-) side of the coil on a centrifugal advance unlocked stock dizzy until the fuel is dialed in. Looks like i'll have to run spark off the bat. Not a real concern, but I don't have a timing light here in connecticut. I'll have to pick one up at home this weekend. Unless I can buy and return one from autozone... hehe smile.gif

crash914
ummmmmm....

I am using the negative side of the coil...no problems.

I am using the mechanical advance for the spark advance.

if you aren't going EDI, it work ok with the stock dizzy....
lapuwali
The tach signal for a fuel only setup shouldn't care about how it's timed, even with MS2.

agrump
The tach signal only needs to be synced with the crank when MSII is controling the spark output. If you are doing fuel only it does not matter because the injection squirts don't have to be timed with any particular valve event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.