Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Seat Belts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Looking for alternatives to the 30+ yr old ones which I struggle with... Is there modern variety that will easily swap?
bd1308
somebody else will chime in here with actual experience, but i'll ramble for a second...

The 944 belts, with some minor modifications should work fine in the 914.

b
lapuwali
Thus replacing 30-year-old belts with 20-year-old belts.

Google is your friend. There's more than one place selling new seatbelts on-line. Got Belts is one such place, and I bought a set of non-reel aircraft latch style for my FIAT, which pretty closesly matched the stock belts. They also sell inertia reel type belts, but I've not tried them.
bd1308
I wasnt aware that 944 belts went NLA.
lapuwali
I certainly didn't know you could still buy them new. At what price? Most people talk about fitting used 944 belts.
bd1308
I'll just wait for someone to post.

There's a company that makes new belts that are a drop-in fit to the 914.

A little pricey but they charge 40 bucks for a core charge(or used to) for the buckle clip thing. That's why I remembered.

b
lapuwali
That would be PEP (Performance Engineered Products). I had a set on my '73 years ago.
double-a
agree.gif

pep belts are excellent quality, i just installed a set recently. they take your stock connectors and send back a belt with new reel, webbing and smoother d-ring. cost me about $300 for both.

~a
ptravnic
$300 for a pair is a bit rich - I think thats about what AA has sold pairs of NOS 914 belts for in the past... 944 belts might be the trick...
bd1308
but think about it, 300 clams and they last at least 30 years.....

b
blitZ
I picked up some 944 belts in great shape as replacements. Cost me $30. Try posting a WTB on the Pelican 944 forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.