Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Men are not marriage material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
I about got busted at work laughing my bootyshake.gif off at this.

NOTE: Scroll to the bottom and read the bulleted text.

lol2.gif

http://lifestyle.msn.com/Relationships/Cou...383882>1=7996
bd1308
LOL.

too bad I have a VW tongue.gif

b
7TPorsh
Didn't know a 914 was a "high end car". biggrin.gif
morph
laugh.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
If I tell my wife of 37 years that I'm not marriage material, when the laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif stops, she'll say "I knew THAT!" lol2.gif
Jenny
rolling.gif

Jen
dlo914
av-943.gif i showed my GF this and she laughed her butt off chairfall.gif but my comeback was that i'm "good boyfriend material" wink.gif
turboman808
Hmmm...

sound alot like me biggrin.gif
carr914
That explains everything. I've been divorced since 1991 and have owned 6 Porsches since.

T.C.
GTeener
confused24.gif Is "She" marriage material if "She" owns a Porsche?

driving-girl.gif lol2.gif

rjames
 Is "She" marriage material if "She" owns a Porsche?

Yes, because after you're married you get to own 1/2 of that Porsche. Of course, then you technically own a Porsche through her which then means that you are not marriage material...um I guess either way we lose. Or do we win? um, never mind.
Jenny
"But, honey! It's not a real Porsche." chairfall.gif

Mine's a keeper. He didn't even give me a hard time about leaking tranny fluid all over the garage floor. (my side, of course) rolleyes.gif

Jen
lapuwali
My wife didn't seem to think this was adequate grounds for divorce. I guess I have to stay married...
GTeener
Good. There's hope for me yet wink.gif
Mueller
well...my 1st Porsche was free......

and my wife bought my 911 as a B-day gift, so where do I fit in??? smile.gif

drewvw

finally...a thread that takes some of the heat off of my "Baby Boomers don't save" thread!!!!

smile.gif
Brett W
Who comes up with this shit. No wonder women have so many problems.
Lou W
QUOTE (drewvw @ Apr 6 2006, 03:49 PM)
finally...a thread that takes some of the heat off of my "Baby Boomers don't save" thread!!!!

smile.gif

laugh.gif popcorn[1].gif
drewvw
QUOTE (Brett W @ Apr 6 2006, 03:06 PM)
Who comes up with this shit. No wonder women have so many problems.

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
effutuo101
w00t.gif very funny! I think that would apply to anybody who doesn't have a "daily" family car. I spent a long time searching for a girl with grease under her finger nails. That way at least she would understand my obsession and probably have her own.
Jenny
I spent a long time searching for a girl with grease under her finger nails. That way at least she would understand my obsession and probably have her own.

agree.gif Brian's got his guns, cars and motorcycles.

I've got my 914 and shoes. We're coo. cool.gif

Jen
Dr Evil
Owning a 914 demonstrates that you are absoleutly ready for marriage.
-both consume a lot of time
-both cost way more than you expected
-both are frustrating
-both tend to be fun for short periods of time before something goes wrong (marriage= eventually the guy says something to get him in trouble, 914= something puts it on jack stands)
-A 914 is a physical demonstration of how a man is willing to commit to somthing that likely will not pay off in the end. wink.gif
Joe Bob
True love is defined as "when the guy sleeps in the wet spot...."
bondo
I say anyone that lives by articles like that is not marraige material... biggrin.gif

Eddie914
Famous quote from a true Porsche fanatic ...

" I kept my first Porsche longer than I kept my first wife"

Eddie

Rick_Eberle
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 7 2006, 09:46 AM)
"But, honey! It's not a real Porsche." chairfall.gif

Mine's a keeper. He didn't even give me a hard time about leaking tranny fluid all over the garage floor. (my side, of course) rolleyes.gif

Jen

Well, as long YOU park on the wet spot...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (GTeener @ Apr 6 2006, 04:41 PM)
confused24.gif Is "She" marriage material if "She" owns a Porsche?

driving-girl.gif lol2.gif

Betty had her 914 when we met. I had a 924.

SHE was definitely marriage material. I was showing some poor judgement skills when I bought a 924...... screwy.gif

And she definitely had grease under her fingernails. Still gets it there too.

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Duffster
the most important thing that qualifies a man as "marriage material" is a great big di............................
'sposable income. biggrin.gif
SGB
my wife probably agrees.
dry.gif
SGB
oh, I mean about the di'
sposable income.
unsure.gif
JPB
Its all about perspective. If one can afford a Porsche, then why not get one. Men need toys and a 914 is better than a 20 year old waitress. If she likes him to be at home, then a 914 overhaul is a good garage project and is better than running around the bad side of town. 914 parts are not all to expensive compared to todays cars on most parts. 914's are fun cars for fun people. One has to be well centered driving a car that is often looked down by snobs and a-holes. A 914 also boosts a man's sexual drive and prformance abilties which is the opposit effect of a 911. She needs to embrace a 914 man and know she has a stalion well hung for action. Hey, I'm not only an endorser, I'm also an operator/owner.

Put that in your taco and squeeze. grouphug.gif
SGB
QUOTE (JPB @ Apr 6 2006, 08:53 PM)
One has to be well centered driving a car that is often looked down by snobs and a-holes.

Ooooh, I like that. Yeah! Hoo-aah!
dflesburg
If my dad really loved me, he would have had those instructions tatoo'd on my ass and saved me 19 years of heartache...

Where is that boy of mine...

dead horse.gif
scotts-toolwench
Well, Scott had the car when we met.....and the first time he told me he loved me went something like this....

Scott: Baby, I have to tell you this now...i've been wanting to say this for awhile now...

Teri: (All giggly and flabergasted) You can tell me sweetie...just say it....

Scott: These are the things I love...in this order.....I love my car, I love my dog and I love you.....

Teri: (only slightly peeved, slightly amused) Gee honey....that should be a f'in Hallmark card.....

And I still love him. And in a week we'll have been married for six months. My personal feeling is if a guy has enogh cajones to own a 914 then he is serious marriage marterial because he's used to the abuse.... biggrin.gif w00t.gif
GWN7
I thought the article was funny and sent it to several lady friends......this is one of the responces I got back...... biggrin.gif

I read the article and I have several thoughts on it:

1) The psych nurse in me thinks the writer is projecting her anger onto porsche owners: the wanna-be-uber-auteur couldn't afford a porsche because she couldn't land a journalism job to afford a car like her classmates' (hence she works for msn online); she also has so little taste that a guy with the good taste to choose a porsche wouldn't give her a second look.

2) The wild woman in me wrote you off as an old-fashioned nice guy who is the marrying/settle-down type but now that I've read that article I'll make frequent blatant offers to get down and dirty doing moaning groaning monkey sex since I won't have to worry about your getting all semimental and proposing.

3) My brother had 2, but then he got engaged and went to an Acura Integra; next he got married  - he now drives a Toyota Matrix........................

Don't you think I write more interesting prose than the misinformed uptight chip-on-her-shoulder porsche-owner bigot? (I want a job writing slack articles for women magazines).

C smile.gif
reddog
icon_bump.gif marriage just sucks in general bs.gif I love my kids, (almost grown) but you would not believe what it took to get this far...The only thing, I have for myself after rasing 5 kids is a few crapped out 914's... and I wouldn't change a thing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.