Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb Luck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Dad came over today so I could check the brakes in his truck. I pulled the wheels off and figured what he needed and we drove over to get the parts. He pulled into the drive to drop me off when we got back and after he left I noticed a big oil spot on the drive where his truck was. huh.gif I had to go over to work on his pool filter and called him and said not to drive the truck untill I got over and could see what is leaking. I took my floor jack and raised the front up and had him fire it up. Oil was streaming out of the oil cooler line, ohmy.gif I had him shut it off and came home and got my stuff to tow it back over. So now I am swapping out cooler lines and brakes this weekend wacko.gif
Brian Mifsud
Maybe it wasn't luck...

My dad drove down to visit for the weekend, but it took him 4hours to cover the 120mile distance (no traffic). He ruptured a radiator line and had to keep refilling to make it. By the time he got to my house he was exhausted and didn't want to deal with it. The next day we popped the hood and took a look around (at that point he didn't know it was a heater/radiotor line, and we were looking at the dismal prospect of having to source and replace a Ford Taurus radiator on a sunday....

After searching around we found the split hose and pulled it off. Eyeballing the pile of "junk" in my driveway (no not the car...) my eye settled on the brand new radiator hose I had put on my marine diesel which had then promptly blown a headgasket. I had just pulled that engine the previous weekend. THe hose was a perfect fit.. and honestly, my dad was absolutely overjoyed.... It was a really really simple thing, but dad appreciated things like that. He passed away very unexpectedly only a couple of months later.

Dad's are precious people...
markb
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Apr 6 2006, 08:45 PM)

Amen to that. I lost my Dad in 99. He left me his 914, and I became addicted.
Hmmm, maybe that's not such a good thing. biggrin.gif
I miss him every day.

For those who still have your parents with you, appreciate them NOW. Ya don't get a second chance to say what ya need to say.

Just my .02.
GaroldShaffer
Glad you found the problem. I am sure your dad is very greatful for a son that cares about him.

agree.gif

My dad passed away 15 years ago. There is not a day I don't think about him. I wear my dad's wedding band and have his dog tag from WWII on my key chain. This is my way of taking dad with me where ever I go.
spare time toys
We got to talking about a couple of weeks back Barb and I used this truck to run to Kansas City to take the parts up to Rick and Sandy. It could have poped in the middle of nowhere and you would not know it untill the engine light came on or was toast from no oil.
drewvw
QUOTE (markb @ Apr 6 2006, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Apr 6 2006, 08:45 PM)

Amen to that. I lost my Dad in 99. He left me his 914, and I became addicted.
Hmmm, maybe that's not such a good thing. biggrin.gif
I miss him every day.

For those who still have your parents with you, appreciate them NOW. Ya don't get a second chance to say what ya need to say.

Just my .02.

Amen to that. My pops is coming up next weekend to drink beers, build walls, cruise around in the teener, and go to a sox game.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.