Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel rails
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mcbain77
I have seen some "pretty" aluminum fuel rails with a VDO gauge posted on e-bay and other places. They are the red ones that I am sure you know what I am talking about. Other than the fuel pressure gauge, are there any advantages to this setup over the simple stock rails? Is this a matter of form over function?
jasons
My guess is they are just a pretty piece of engine jewelry. There might be some advantage if you are using A-N fittings.
Qarl
Bling bling... no advantage whatsoever, except you have a fuel pressure gauge at your disposal.
Pistachio
'pends on your HP level.

Unlikely you need the capacity unless you're running 2+ Bars of boost + a heathly NO2 shot. Some artificially aspirated V8's can easily exceed the stk fuel rail, & some mondo-boosted imports do as well, but for the rest of the world they're mostly eye candy.
grasshopper
I assume you mean this?? I dont think it would have any advantage...the Injectors still spray the same amount at the same time...
mike_the_man
I remember when the guy from the website that was trying to sell them signed up. He kept saying how much better they were than stock, but had no proof to back him up. It was decided that on a stock motor, there would be no advantage, other than your wallet being a bit lighter.

jhadler
I guess the main advantage would be if you've got AN lines run throughout the car. Like what I've just done...

Been thinking about maknig my own fuel rails, similar to those. But it mioght be cheaper (time and materials) to jsut buy 'em if I can get 'em with AN fittings instead of barbs...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.