Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's raining Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?&id=1022538

Thought you might find this an interesting read. My friend PsyberVW sent it to me.

Anyone want to speculate on how our 914 would've fared? The non-caged 914s!
Pnambic
A few years ago, I was looking into buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee. In my research, I found that there were some disturbing reports that it had a history of "falling" into gear and accelerating all by itself while left in park. Obviously, this wasn't a regular occurance, but apparently it happened in Grand Cherokees far more than in other vehicles. I guess most times, the vehicle would just hit the wall in front of it or the vehicle in front of it without having had time to accelerate to a dangerous speed. confused24.gif

Though you'd like to think that if there was someone in the car when this happened, they'd be quick enough to hit the brake! huh.gif

The reports were enough to convince me to pass on the Jeep.
Rockaria
I keep flashing back to this quote and thinking of that WKRP episode where they threw live turkeys out of a hellicopter at a mall.

"I swear... I really thought Turkeys could fly!"
-- Mr. Carlson after the Thanksgiving Promotion for WKRP.

Sorry for the cold hearted views in life,
scotty
914's always land on their wheels...everyone knows that! wink.gif
Brad Roberts
I read it and think: MTV Jackass stunt.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.