Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gt valance with brake ducts fabrication
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
The iamchappy 914 gt turbo project is underway, I am working on the brake ducts and added some removable thick rubber canards, I am considering and may lower the front opening for the oil cooler cutout about an inch as I am using the stock bumper.
Also here are some pictures of my new Supertech 12 plug dizzy conversion. boldblue.gif
iamchappy
pic
iamchappy
pic 2
iamchappy
diz
iamchappy
diz 2
Aaron Cox
Did AIR make that piece?

i have the same one and fit is NOWHERE near close.....
echocanyons
Great Ideal and it looks good too. What did you use for the brake scoops/ducts?
iamchappy
Scoops are for a Shelby Mustang there actually side scoops.
I am running the hose ducting up underneth the headlight bucket into that area under it, then out into the trunk then back out the wheel well to the rotors.

The ducts are just tacked into place with a little Kitty Hair, I am even thinking about lowering the opening of the oil cooler cut out by an inch since I will be using the stock bumper.

Now to remove it and finish it up.
Oh, I purchased it from Rennespeed the quality is lacking the underside is pretty wavey but can easily be straightened out. smash.gif
Andyrew
Someone's running a bit too much camber on the street!! biggrin.gif

Cool project, I'll be watching this one.
iamchappy
The inside of the tires were gone in about 5000 miles, a realignment before the new tires go on. Good thing they were cheapo Yokohama ES100's, which are great tires for the money.
iamchappy
Ive done some more work on it and shown here a test fit. I lowered the oil cooler opening about an inch and have the sealed up the brake ducts. soon I will start to duct my way to the rotors and finish off the shaping the filler.
TimT
Did AIR make that piece?

Aaron if its as crappy as the one you have yes they made it LOL

AIR is almost stromberg.gif
iamchappy
Qarl did you see this?
Qarl
I can see you now!

flipa.gif
reddog
icon_bump.gif Nice job, but when I do mine I'll run the ducts more to the center and use the "torsion bar bump" as the inner side of the ducts...what do you think? beerchug.gif
iamchappy
I placed mine in line with the headlight buckets, not only do i feel that it keeps everything in balance but it allows me to duct up into the void area under the headlight bucket.
redshift
I have done NOTHING to my car!

You all suck equally, and have fallen... long... of the grace of Gawd!

I am a a miserable piece of stromberg.gif

M
iamchappy
QUOTE(redshift @ Apr 23 2006, 01:43 AM) *

I have done NOTHING to my car!

You all suck equally, and have fallen... long... of the grace of Gawd!

I am a a miserable piece of stromberg.gif

M

But think of the all the money your saving
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.