Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did the 912E have Solid Discs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
I picked up a set of boge front struts with the 3.5" bolt spacing for the calipers, but they have solid rotors. No big deal because I am replacing them, as well as barings, inserts will be Konis.

Anyway, I just know what car they came off, BTW, it was all together, crossmember, a-arms, underbody swaybar...

Eric_Shea
I'm guessing someone put the wrong hubs on there... should have been vented. But, I'm not actually sure.
bam914
My dads 912E has solid rotors on the front.
ArtechnikA

sounds like a pretty old part to me. something else they were trying to use up when they built those cars !
Al Meredith
Is the crossmember steel or aluminum? I don't remember when they went to the Al, I think if the crossmember is steel them probably solid roters
Mueller
QUOTE (Al Meredith @ Apr 7 2006, 06:22 PM)
Is the crossmember steel or aluminum? I don't remember when they went to the Al, I think if the crossmember is steel them probably solid roters

steel cross members came on 911 front ends with vented rotors as well.....
Eric_Shea

Wow... cool. So they used the early hubs up on the E's. Learn something new everyday. Thanks Rich.

3.5" ears... did they make a special A-Caliper w/o spacers?? I'll bet that's what they did.

No big deal because I am replacing them, as well as barings, inserts will be Konis.

Couple of things Mike... you'll need new hubs to get the vented rotors on the front and check the struts and make sure they're Boge's if you want to swap out inserts otherwise you might be stuck with Bilsteins. There's a thread that has the info to have them revalved if that's the case.
Cap'n Krusty
Worldpac offers both vented and non-vented front rotors for 912Es. Must be a whatever-you-got thing. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.