Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are 15 mm sway bars original?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
I messed up and assumed that original sway bars for 73's on were at least 19mm. OOPs! Tell me the facts here because mine says 15 at the end and 125$ later .......was it a bad choice? My 914 is a 71 and has no sway bar so 15mm can't be bad right. Its just for street anyways. Speak or forever hold your peace.

popcorn[1].gif
Bleyseng
Yes, the oem ones are tiny. Atleast use a 17mm for street. biggrin.gif
Mueller
any front bar is better than none at all.....

price is okay if it includes all of the hardware and the bushing are decent.

JPB
Ya, at least it came with all the hardware all in good shape. Should have thought but that "buy it now" thing on ebay gets me spending fast! Thank you for the info.

popcorn[1].gif Some is better than none; sometimes.
anthony
Did you get front and rear bars? Stock 914 2.0L cars had the front and rear bars. It makes the car nicely balanced. If you just put a front bar on you will probably need to at least beef up the rear springs so the car remains balanced.
Eric_Shea
Yes. 15mm is stock. I like that bar for the street. Porsche made an 18mm bar for the 76 Turbo that was through body. Used 'basically' the same hardware (arms were a bit beefier and the drop links are a different length). You could order a replacement from Porsche for around $125 buck I think... confused24.gif
JPB
I only have the front ones right now. I'd like a rear set. Does anyone have a stock rear set to sell? I also haven't got any holes in the front for them, does anyone know how to locate the proper spots?

beer.gif Sweet frothy goodness.
Mueller
QUOTE (JPB @ Apr 8 2006, 04:31 AM)
I only have the front ones right now. I'd like a rear set. Does anyone have a stock rear set to sell? I also haven't got any holes in the front for them, does anyone know how to locate the proper spots?

beer.gif Sweet frothy goodness.

pelican parts.com for an article on installing a front bar...

JPB
Thanks. I will read.

beerchug.gif Click clik back at ya.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.