Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cheapest shipping??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
what is the cheapest shipping company to send a car cross country?? I heard of a few people getting quotes of about $600-$800?? The cheapest I have been able to find Is about 900..which would not make the car worth enough to ship... yes, I am looking at another 914 ar15.gif hey craig, do you need an east coast vendor?? screwy.gif
Dr Evil
It all depends on if it is running and functional (has breaks and stuff). If running then I shipped two cars from CA to PA for $700 each with a little insureance. Open carrier, larger window of time for delivery, insurance, position on the transporter, etc. are cheaper.

I used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers)
grasshopper
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Apr 7 2006, 06:34 PM)
It all depends on if it is running and functional (has breaks and stuff). If running then I shipped two cars from CA to PA for $700 each with a little insureance. Open carrier, larger window of time for delivery, insurance, position on the transporter, etc. are cheaper.

I used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers)

I checked DAS, but that is where I got a $900 quote...
Dr Evil
Also depends on where you ship it to. If you can drive a little more to get it at a major city, it may be worth it. Time of year plays a part as more cars ship during certain times of year.

Sorry man, it is a very liquid market and gas prices are probably the largest contributor.
grasshopper
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Apr 7 2006, 06:45 PM)
gas prices are probably the largest contributor.

yeah, I figured that would play a big part... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.