Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR Time Trial/DE ground school
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I am!

Anybody else? Andy, you still in?

KT
grantsfo
I went last year does that still count if I didnt have a chance to get to a TT?
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Apr 7 2006, 07:03 PM)

nope, gotta go again. i'll be there!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Trekkor
still count

I don't know...
DanT

Got to do it again. Only good for the year.

I believe Andy and I had a discussion on this topic a month or two ago smile.gif

Once you go and then become a certified TTer you never have to go again unless you want to. rolleyes.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Apr 7 2006, 07:53 PM)

Got to do it again. Only good for the year.

I believe Andy and I had a discussion on this topic a month or two ago smile.gif

Once you go and then become a certified TTer you never have to go again unless you want to. rolleyes.gif

I cant get away tommrrow. Guess I wont be doing GGR TT again until my calendar aligns with the moon. However I have a GGR TT number now! No exceptions for people with POC DE + two events, Jim Russell Techniques of Racing and previous years GGR Ground School?
DanT
Grant,
You can contact the Chief Driving Instructor for the TT series. Gary Dorighi
gdorighi@comcast.net

Maybe you can sweet talk him wink.gif smile.gif
Trekkor
This is my third attempt at attending the school.

KT
9146R
Trekkor,

Good to see you and Andy at the ground school...look forward to seeing you guys "on track" some where soon.
Greg
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146R @ Apr 8 2006, 01:14 PM)
Good to see you and Andy at the ground school...look forward to seeing you guys "on track" some where soon.

ditto ...

beerchug.gif Andy
DanT
So how many folks were there in total?

Has John cut down the total time...it used to go for like 6+ hours...it was a little too long.

Did you get to see some good TH video?

Any other 914 pilots besides the 3 of you? biggrin.gif
Trekkor
It was very helpful. Great reminders. Good info for the novices.

It was like a long driver's meeting with video and pizza pizza.gif

9am -2pm. Henry Watts' book, GGR-TT handbook with lunch included for $20. Total deal.

John Seidell did a nice job for us.
Ther may have been 25 people there. Young and old.

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Apr 8 2006, 04:14 PM)
John Seidell did a nice job for us.

he said i was a "sick puppy". in front of the whole class ... biggrin.gif clap56.gif

pizza was gud, would have been better with some coffee in the morning ...
chowtime.gif Andy
Trekkor
In our introductions, I admitted that I was the track junkie "poster child ". rolleyes.gif

unsure.gif

KT
Trekkor
When he was going over the flags and their meanings I wanted to ask what to do if the "Jolly Roger" comes out chairfall.gif

KT

DanT
Trekkor, you might as well get used to the flag spiel...you will hear it at every mandatory drivers meeting at every TT/DE with GGR and also with Hank Watts and CDS.

As a former GGR track official, I can tell you the number of folks that go out on the track and then go into brain fade once the speed goes up is scary....
"No I didn't see that yellow" "That Black flag was for me?"
I didn't see the yellow flag when I passed that 911" and many other lame excuses. The flags are the only way the track officials and the corner workers have to communicate with the drivers/cars on track...they are of the utmost importance and many folks just don't pay attention. ohmy.gif wacko.gif

As the speed increases and the amount of concentration multiplies, it is just too much for some folks. wink.gif

On a happier note. Glad you guys got to see some good TH video. who was the video done by?
Trekkor
I'm OK with the flags. I understand them and appreciate the corner worker's critical role.

The video looked like John's old green BI 914.
2:15's.

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Apr 8 2006, 07:54 PM)

As a former GGR track official, I can tell you the number of folks that go out on the track and then go into brain fade once the speed goes up is scary....
"No I didn't see that yellow" "That Black flag was for me?"
I didn't see the yellow flag when I passed that 911" and many other lame excuses. The flags are the only way the track officials and the corner workers have to communicate with the drivers/cars on track...they are of the utmost importance and many folks just don't pay attention. ohmy.gif wacko.gif

As the speed increases and the amount of concentration multiplies, it is just too much for some folks. wink.gif

On a happier note. Glad you guys got to see some good TH video. who was the video done by?

Thats what scares me the most. People who dont see flags that are clearly being waved. How aware are they of other issues on the track? Oil, debris, potential spins etc?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.