Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I kind of hi-jacked the tubing bender thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
There seemed to be some interest in a project I worked on many years ago now. I never took pictures, it wasn't my car or even my project. I was brought in to lend some expertise. I built a bender to form an arch shaped roll bar for this hand built 928 roadster.

We then welded sheetmetal to the back of the bar to form a wing shape, made a third brake light with a custom formed lens. Then the guy that did my Pasha seats in my 914 covered the bar with tan leather. He used a cool baseball stitch on it, all hand sewn.

Larry found this video from Barrett/Jackson.Spyder Werks first proto type sells
rick 918-S
Here's the same car. I did some of the glas work also. The body was all hand formed. Lots of filler, glas, filler. dry.gif This car didn't have door glass or a top. The winsheild is from Saab 900. It is used upside down and recut. I modified the push botton release for the trunk lid. The trunk is so small there isn't room for a golf bag. I always hated it.

rick 918-S
This is a couple of generations later. This car has a working power top that hides under a hard cover. It lost the roll bar though. The projector lamps are from a Saab IIRCC. I helped with the final shape of this car.
rick 918-S
Here's the rear. My upholstry friend and I made those rear lenses with a propane paint baking unit I have. We made a female die set to sandwich lexan then heated it up and pressed it over a male plug.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.