Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How come no pics from the Ventura Auto Fest???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
Didn't anyone go besides Brad???
campbellcj
I shot a few...all cars...will try to post later.
Brad Roberts
Britain shot something like 250 pics.. problem you wont see them until AFTER he gets them off the camera (week or so later). I stopped taking pics.. now I ask other people to get a shot of something for me..

B
Jenny
I took pictures of a couple cars and a spaniel puppy (Bailey) running around the autofest. No time to load, leaving for vacation in two days. Scott Carlberg was walking around with a camera, as was Kevin Maynard and Paul Smurz(sp?)

Jen
Britain Smith
Thanks Brad...I actually had them off my computer and on the web before you got home...

I took a bunch of pictures, some of them for no apparent reason. Enjoy...

German Autofest Pics.

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Yes.. but you didnt post them until I busted your balls.

Where are all the chick shots ??

B
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 16 2003, 11:35 AM)

B

Besides our girl Jenny...

were there even other Chicks there?
Not many, the tool girl (daughter-in-law) was nice, but the white trash in the
really short skirt only would've met your buddies, and not your parents.

My 93 pics won't be ready until Long's processes my film.
Damn it I need a digital camera! mad.gif
Brad Roberts
You mean the one sitting in the lawn chair in the Swap meet area ?? She was sitting there Saturday evening with her legs spread wide open wearing sweat pants... I thought *cool* my kinda chick...LOL

B
Bleyseng
Hmmm, you can tell Britain took the pics as there isn't too many 914's. Mostly 912, 356, and 911 pics.

Where are the chick pics?? You need a password or something?

Geoff confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Honestly.. the 914 turnout was "OK" at best. Tons of 911's and 356's.

Next year... we will have a 914club "booth" like the 356 club. This year.. I *thought* I was going to have a SSI booth.

Somebody remind me next year when they send the sign up flyers out... we will do a 914club booth.

B
Bleyseng
F that Brad, let's have the 914Club members show UP!! With all the cool events there (ChrisC pool party) we should have 25 cars show up. Given enough warning I might even drive down for that event and R&R on the side.

Geoff chowtime.gif
Brad Roberts
There where A LOT of 914 people walking around. Most of them wouldnt admit it unless they said something to make YOU think they *might* own a 914.

One group of guy's walked up to the WEVO booth and starting chatting with me about the shifters... THEN they ask about a shifter for a 914... then they see the new sideshift conversion 915... then they start telling me about their day jobs...

One of them was the lead design engineer for Audi north america and another was a sub-contract designer for Toyota... all them of where into the 914's... TOO F_ING COOL.

B
Bleyseng
And you were wearing your 914club shirt and had the green hair so people would notice you??

Waay too cool! Pretty soon people will come out of the closet!
Ahh, my name is Bob the engineer and yes, I own a 914.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
I couldnt/didnt wear a 914club tee shirt in the WEVO booth. Britain was wearing it.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 16 2003, 11:55 AM)
F that Brad, let's have the 914Club members show UP!!

next year's 'featured car' is "Early 9's". i'm already thinking 'Road Trip'.
be a long way in the '71 911E but these cars are made for driving !
(and i survived the trip twice in a friggin' big moving van so a Porsche has got to be better ...) i won't have a 914 there but i will hang out with you guys ...
Kevin@ojai.net
I have about 60 pictures, just haven't gotten around to posting them yet... I'll work on it tonight. Paul has a bunch of picutres and some different short video clips I took with his camera (since I was just a passenger this time) of the drive to Chris' house.

-Kevin
Just regained my hearing, I no longer only hear the rumble of a small block. aktion035.gif
KaptKaos
Here are a few too.

Nice teener
IPB Image

One of those 6-cylinder motors, that had two cylinders cut-off. Sweet 356.
IPB Image

Winner of the 914 People's Choice - Monster Motor.
IPB Image

By the way, the guys I met were very cool and drove way too fast for my skills and stock 1.7. Chris, thanks for the hospitality!

- Joe
Aaron Cox
in that las pic, it has the horizontal cooling fan. 934/935 engine?
Scott Carlberg
"in that las pic, it has the horizontal cooling fan. 934/935 engine?"

That is the Black 914 that was in Excellence a couple of months ago.
Flat 6, with a Turbo, with the Horizontial Fan.

It was parked next to a Yellow TurboCharged 914, claiming 500 HorsePower ohmy.gif
seanery
The yellow car is Richard Clewett's. There is another pic posted by Chris C on another thread.
Queenie
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Sep 16 2003, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 16 2003, 11:35 AM)

B

Besides our girl Jenny...

were there even other Chicks there?

I was there ... but I didn't take any pictures of myself, or of any cars, despite hauling my camera around all day.

blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Did you say hello to any club members ?? I noticed several people wearing shirts.. and several had 914club stickers/logo's on their cars.

B
Jenny
Who was passing out 914club cards? I saw quite a few sitting in 914 seats while looking around. I thought at first they were stickers, but upon closer inspection, they were glossy business sized cards.

Jen
Queenie
I didn't. I didn't see anyone who looked suspect...and I'm terribly shy even on the best of days. I tried to keep an eye open, 'cause I knew a bunch of you were going to be there, but it was sort of a weird day for me anyhow (couldn't drive my car as it's running like shit; hanging out with my ex-husband and his friends, etc.).
Brad Roberts
The other "Ole Phart" Howard printed up a whole bunch of cards on his home computer. HE made it to Chris' place and had a few beers with us. I was blown away.. they looked great.

Howard has the very clean silver 914 that was in the lineup.

B
Dominic
Here are a few shots that the wife took! smilie_flagge6.gif
Dominic
Dominic
Dominic
This is my favorite.... a Carrera Speedster
campbellcj
I finally uploaded my pics. They are here -

http://www.nosubstitute.org/events/Autofest13Sept03

Like a dumbass I forgot to get a "table shot" at the house afterwards. We had a fairly small turnout for the fun run & BBQ but it was a good time. beerchug.gif
seanery
What is this Frankenstein!?
IPB Image
McMark
I saw that 914 with the Bra and it reminded me that I hate Bra's (of all kinds wink.gif ).
Kevin@ojai.net
Pictures posted at 914.ojai.net/autofest/ I set the server to list the files, so just click and enjoy.

-Kevin
Brad Roberts
Thanks for the pics everyone.. great shots !! clap56.gif

Oh.. if anyone wants to pop for a twin plug 4 cyl 911 engine.. I'm willing to do the install/plumbing for FREE.

I would LOVE to have a 914 with a 911 4cyl engine in it.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Kevin@ojai.net @ Sep 17 2003, 09:35 PM)
Pictures posted at 914.ojai.net/autofest/ I set the server to list the files, so just click and enjoy.

6, 7, 9, 10 just show li'l red x ...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 17 2003, 09:42 PM)
I would LOVE to have a 914 with a 911 4cyl engine in it.

hey - if GM can make a 90-deg V6 by lopping 2 cyl off a V8, why not ?
Kevin@ojai.net
Still uploading... should have 64 pics in all... WSFTP is giving me a hard time...

-Kevin
Kevin@ojai.net
I heard that engine start up from accross the field. I thought "that doesn't sound like a stock 4-banger... hmmm." I quickly walked over there when the engine compartment was still open and took a look. Very cool. I have heard about people making the these monsters, but had never actually seen one. I would say it was one of the "neatest" things I saw. Even "neater" then seeing that RV burn to the ground and start a huge secondary grass fire...

-Kevin
Howard
Watch that old phart stuff.

Re: stickers (that don't stick)

Printed up a bunch. They look fine, but printed on an inkjet so NOT waterproof.

Just send me a sase and I'll send 'em until I run out. If you think they look good enough, PIP or one of those places can laminate it and put a sticky side so you can paste it on your car, forehead, whatever.

Howard Agency
31225 La Baya #207
Westlake Village, CA 91362
campbellcj
Sean - that interior is in the silver 935 car. We were unsure whether it was a 'real' 935 but it had some of the parts, definitely. Magnesium wheel 'fans', flat (horiz) fan on the engine, huge turbo, cockpit boost adjuster knob, yada yada...

The Brumos car (white) inside was a real factory 935. For sale -- a mere $250K.
seanery
The Brumos car was at a show in Hermosa Beach in 2000 or 2001. It was very cool. No one knew what it was (Hot Rod, Muscle Car show mostly) but it was saweeet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.