Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo hub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
Dho!
I have a lovely MoMo steering wheel all ready to block my view of my gauges only to read that the hub for the pre 72 model year are no longer around!
What am I to do? Just what is different from the two year blocks any way? Really kinda bums me out since my two runners are a 1970 and a 1972
mad.gif
chowtime.gif
Dr Evil
Look for the 8002 and get a later model steering column if you need it. I can't see why you would need a different column, though. What is the physical difference as far as the hub is concerned?
Allan
Check ebay. I see them listed all the time.

Pre-'72 Momo steering wheel hub
dinomium
I was hoping to stay away from Evil bay, but alas, I FLAIL!
Thanks for the linkage.
balljoint
Post a WTB ad here. You'll get one no problemo.
lapuwali
The late hub will fit the early cars, but there are gaps between the stock housing and the MOMO part. You'll also very likely need a spacer between the hub and the wheel, or you'll find yourself brushing the turn signal lever with your knuckles all the time. These spacers are available from MOMO and Smart Racing.

dinomium
thanks guys, I did win one for decent $$ from ebay. I have the spacers to avoid the knuckle smacking, I learned that from my 74 car
Nice thing about the 70 is the windshild wipers are on the dash, not on the stalk!
dinomium
I just got my 8000 momo hub, it is MUCH different from the later modle. The 8002 does fit on the stalk, but it is shortler and the horn connection is backwards so it beeps at you!
Dr Evil
Sorry I saw this too late, but if you wanted the other style (my preference as well) there was another thread with the part # for the one they sell at Pelican. It is the old style solid metal one.
HTH
dinomium
Dr, I was refering to the base plate, I dont mind the "prong with rubber boot" style...

I just re-check th bird site, the MO-8000 for 70-71 914 is NLA...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.