Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still hunting at idle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
I just had my valves adjusted. I have all correct 1973 2.0L ECU, MPS, CHT and ballast resistor. The mechanic did an exhaust analysis, and it is running 3% (not rich, but not lean...??) I still have a hunt at idle. Only bounces between like 900 and 1200 rpm, but its driving me crazy. I have checked for vacuum leaks, and found none. Wierd thing is, I have two ECU's and both have shown no change in rich/lean when the pot is turned (on the Co.analyzer). Is this a wiring harness problem? It seems to be getting beyond my knowledge of troubleshooting
Jeffs9146
I have no idea if this will help but mine was doing that before i found out the head temp sensor was stripped out. Eventualy it lost so much contact that it would die when warmed up.

Good luck

Jeff
AZ914
Chris/Jeff,

Mine is doing the same. Either hunts up and down, or just barely idles, no matter where I have the idle screw adjusted, or the mixture nob on the ECU. NOW, when cold, it idles just fine. I can tune the idle adjuster to the proper RPM but once warm, it barely idles.
Jeff, thanks for the tip on the CYL HEAD TEMP wire. I'll check it.
Jeffs9146
In addition to checking the wire, check the threds holding the sensor to the head.

Jeff
ChrisReale
Finally go tthis beast fixed. It was a combination of the throttle switch, the idle screw and the ECU knob. It idles a bit high right now, a touch abouve 1000 rpms, but I think that will work for now beer.gif
Van914
Try adjusting the Aux Air Device. It is the one with the small hose on a threaded barb. You can adjust it in or out and it does help.
biggrin.gif
Van
Dave_Darling
Van, it sounds like you're describing the Decel Valve. Adjusting that shouldn't help if the valve is functioning correctly... The AAR is not adjustable.

Chris, it's probably a vacuum leak. Smaller possibility that it's the timing.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.