Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust Backdate Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
What a job this has turned out to be. I'm ready to install the heat exchangers and muffler after having a lot of trouble removing the old exhaust and heat exchangers. The PO had drilled and tapped one exhaust stud to 10.5 with a helicoil. I had a hell of a time trying to find a step stud but J.Raby came through. And many thanks to John for the entire exhaust system.

I was also able to diagnose my shift problem with new set of sport transmission mounts and a few bushings.

The following pictures are pre-installation; I will post more when they are finally installed.

BTW, if anyone knows where to get a stainless exhaust flange please let me know.
solex
Another
solex
One more
rhodyguy
looks good. put the warm air elbows on the he's before you install them. the top fastener can be a pain to get in when you're laying on your back and you can't see it.

k
Gint
What did you paint those heater tubes with? Both the black and the grey? It looks like factory finish. Are those parts new?
solex
Gint,
I had all of the air guides and tubes powder coated.

Dan
Gint
They look great.
solex
Hello All,
So I'm in the process of putting on my exchaust (a second time) decided to use some new exhuast gaskets this time around. I thought I could get away with using the old copper gaskets but I had too many leaks.

In the process of removing the old copper gaskets I noticed that a PO used a gasket from a 1.8/1.7 on one port and doubled up on another port. In addition, one of my studs had pulled out. This is turing out to be quite a project...

I'm having some trouble removing the "doubled-up" gasket I tried a little heat, a pick and hammer and the things will not budge, any thoughts on how I can remove these gaskets?

Thanks,
Dan
solex
Finally Done, car sounds great and runs well too, but I did alot more then just the exhaust.

(1) New wiring harness from Jeff
(2) Adjusted Valves / Timing
(3) All new shifter bushings, the shift coupler was a pain in the A I had to apply alot of heat to get the shaft out.
(4) New 911 sport tranny mounts
(5) 2 pulled exhaust studs were replaced and 1 10x1.5 to 8x1.25 from Jake.
(6) Backdated exhaust with powder coated air tubing.
(7) Free-up and lubed the auxilary air regulator

Please see the attached pictures.

Thanks all for you help, this was a relatively long project for me, but am very happy with the results.

Next on the docket:
-Install dash cover and button up the dash
-Install passenger side mirror
-install front caplipers
solex
a1
solex
a2
solex
a3
solex
VHT on the header and muffler is holding up nicely looks like following the directions is a good thing
solex
dfsdf
solex
fda
solex
fdsf
Hammy
huh.gif Everything is so clean
Looks nice smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.