Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hesrshey Event 4/22/06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
I have been trying to get enough people to get a designated spot for 914's. However, I only have seven people, but we need ten. So if you are going and driving a porsche 914 or any other porsche let me know. I know Dr. Evil was also trying to get a group together one night at a local pub/restaurant (kid friendly).

So far I have the following in the 914 area: (we just need three more)

Wilchek
Dr Evil. (Mike)
Leo Imperial
Mack914 (Mack in boxster)
Evan
ejm (ed)
plas76targa (matt)
Dr Evil
Is there a penalty if we say, "sure I'll be there." and only 7 show up? idea.gif

I could bring Uncle Tyrone, the '75 MBZ, too biggrin.gif

mack914
wilchek, e-mail dave kimple at dk@toast.net. He is suppose to be bringing a number of people(group drive) from the northwest ohio/cleveland area up on friday. should give you more than you need. i don't think he has seen your post.
Mack beerchug.gif
turboman808
I want to say for sure I will be there. Barring any problems I should be picking up the 914 next weekend. In which case I will be there for sure. So if you want to hold me a spot.
r_towle
At least one from Mass coming, possibly two (If I get away from this computer....)

Rich
jfort
I plan on driving the gray six there to arrive in the afternoon on Friday. Dave Kimple is driving his there, too, I think.
wilchek
Looks like we have enough. I just didn't want to say 10 cars were coming and 3 showed. However if 7 show I don't think they will care. I will send this to the organizers and post when I hear back.

Dr.Evil, I assume u will get there first as you only have a 5 min drive. Do you have any kind of 914 club sign we could put up to promote the club (apparently now official) and so 914 people know where to park. In the past the parking has been somewhat disorganized. I can print out some flyers for our windshields if that is not too cheeze. Maybe we can post where to meet up for drink and food after the event. Things end around 3PM.

So if you are coming ask where to park, and if the front gate guy has no idea just look for the area. It should not be too hard to find as the porsche parking area is not too big. Just an FYI, this thing start early and seems to wind down by mid day.

People who I have on the list:
Wilchek
Dr Evil. (Mike)
Leo Imperial
Mack914 (Mack in boxster)
Evan
ejm (ed)
plas76targa (matt)
turboman808
r_towle
jfort
Dave Kimple

Event web site http://www.centralpaporsche.org/

PS. if you are coming and are not on the list you can still let me know
thanks Dan
yarin
I'll be at Hershey. If the car is running and I can find a way to trailer it there count me in for the 914 lineup and autox sunday.
Leo Imperial
AUTOX on sunday. Now I'm really excited smilie_pokal.gif

Can I sign up on Saturday?

All the 914s should enter - Lets dominate ar15.gif
turboman808
I'm getting some vinyl numbers made this week. If you guys can post a file I can get some 914 club vinyl made also. I am pretty certain the lady won't charge me more then $4-5 since I got number made last week for $10.

But yeah I would like to make one for myself at least unless you are gonna have then for sale there. Not trying to step on toes. Just I will be at her store anyways is all.

I think she uses corel.
plas76targa
You can probably count Scottb in the 914 parking spaces. He's another Maryland member. He mentioned in another post he's going up on Friday evening. I know he's out of town this next week so he may not see this post until the week before the event.
Nick
I'll be there in a 914
Dr Evil
Only prob with Scott is he is bringing his son and will be returning with one nicely rebuilt transmission. Also, his 914 started puking oil from the tranny dry.gif Good timing, but I fear that he will be bringing the Subaru. Hey, its a flat 4 wink.gif

I loves me some Suby.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Apr 8 2006, 09:05 PM)
I'm getting some vinyl numbers made this week. If you guys can post a file I can get some 914 club vinyl made also. I am pretty certain the lady won't charge me more then $4-5 since I got number made last week for $10.

But yeah I would like to make one for myself at least unless you are gonna have then for sale there. Not trying to step on toes. Just I will be at her store anyways is all.

I think she uses corel.

I like a set, but I don't know what #'s will be taken.
I need to register a # to my car.
Spoke
I will bring my 74 IF it doesn't rain. Can I park my 914 with the other 914s if the paint on my hood doesn't match the rest of the car and drivers side rear fender is wrinkled? Don't want to give the 914 contingent a bad rep.

Spoke
zymurgist
I'll be there with Babydoll if the weather is nice. If it's crappy rainy, I'l be there in a big Mercedes.
scottb

the good doctor is correct...i will be there but in a suby as i need to pick up a brand new bouncing baby transaxle fresh from the neonatal ward.

i will find the 914 paddock though and see if i can gain entry on charm and good looks... cool.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (scottb @ Apr 9 2006, 09:46 AM)
see if i can gain entry on charm and good looks... cool.gif

Oh man, they are gonna make you park in Philly and walk if that is your plan av-943.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (wilchek @ Apr 8 2006, 07:05 PM)
Dr.Evil, I assume u will get there first as you only have a 5 min drive. Do you have any kind of 914 club sign we could put up to promote the club (apparently now official) and so 914 people know where to park. In the past the parking has been somewhat disorganized. I can print out some flyers for our windshields if that is not too cheeze. Maybe we can post where to meet up for drink and food after the event. Things end around 3PM.

I will likely be the first person there like you said, but less cardboard and markers I have no sign for our collective. I did just ask my lovely and artistically tallented Noel if she could do something up and she said she would try. For name tags she would need everyone who is going to post there names so she can make them. Proably should be no later than the Thurs before if ya want a name tag. I plan on posting a thread that week for us to post pics of ourselves and our cars so we can at least know who to look for. If the weather is nice, I will be the guy with the grey /6 playing guuitar by his car and chasing the 9xx guys out of our spots ar15.gif
Dr Evil
Critics dry.gif

Noel just informed me that talented only has one "L".

SORRRY, lovely and TALENTED Noel. wink.gif
ajracer
HEY

Don't forget us Brothers from the Great White North !

Count me in with my friend Mike Galloway (of Mike's 914)

Sorry no teeners, but we'll be there to meet and greet

everyone and park our mini-van. Should be a rush.

Allan
Dr Evil
Great white North?! I thought that we had some folks coming from Ohio. wink.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Dr. Evil:
You have us confused with some other area ,we are comming up and out of " The Great Black Swamp". See you in Hershey! Dave slap.gif
Jaiden
I should be there with the teener if I get all of the last bugs worked out this week.

Damn it will be cold driving that early in the morning on Saturday!!!
Dr Evil
I am in the same boat. I have a freshly rebuilt /6 that I havent even started yet. Logically there should be nothing wrong with it, but engines rarely break down if never started wink.gif Oh, what gremlins will I find? I gotta stop adding electrical widgets and doodads to damn thing dry.gif
ptravnic
I won't get my teener out for the season until mid May so I'll be driving down the winter car - a 99 Beetle - from NYC. This will be my fiance's first Hershey swap meet... I've explained to her this 914 illness and she still said yes so I think she's prepared...

-Pete
wilchek
I sent the organizers an email as they asked groups too, about parking our cars together. This is what I got back from them

"Just make sure you show up together as a group....then our guys will park you all together.
Thanks,
Swap Chairman"

From what I can tell we just need to tell the parking guys (orange vest volunteers) that we will be taking ten-fifteen spots in a row. I will be there around 9AM and will try my best to get a handful of spots for us if Dr.Evil has not drunk all of the wine and eaten all of the cheese (aka scared off the9xx crowd). So look for a group of 914's in the parking area and tell the parking guys that you have a spot in the 914 club parking spots and they may help. If they have no idea, just look for all of the 914's. I know my Ravenna green is one of the brightest cars their every years and it sticks out. Hope for sun.

Dr.Evil- any ideas on a place or time to meet up for drinks on Friday or Sat???
turboman808
I will be there but probably won't have a 914. But I have a porsche badge and the number 914 can I still park there biggrin.gif

Also I'm down for whatever friday night!!! I won't drink but I will more then encourage others to get shit faced.
Dr Evil
Hey guys,
The place that I was thinking about, TJ Rockwells, does not have their porch open for business untill the 27th so I figure we may be able to take over Duke's which is closer. Dan, you have been to Dukes before, so has Matt, what do you guys think? The Bears Den can still be on, but I found it a bit pricey, and hard to find for most people. the good thing abou that is that it is not ususally crowded until later.

As for parking, if we just space our cars out every other spot to take up 10-15 spots I think we will be fine.

I am gonna start a new thread for us to post pics of ourselves in and for those of us with cars to post pics of them so we will not have trouble finding each other. I do tend to blend in, though wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.