Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another HERSHEY thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I trying to get a whole bunch of painting done for this year's event. So far I have a few RC shells painted (some blank 914 shells too), two RC car chassis', and a few shirts.

I'm hoping to finish a clock or two, a wood 914 cut out (key holder or shelf piece) and a cork board.

I created a thread HERE with photo samples.

If there are any requests for shirts or such, I've love to hear them.
djm914-6
Since I'm bringing a few RC 914s to the Hershey swap, I figured no 914 owner should be with out a set of these:

(Thanks to Plastic Budda)
IPB Image

and they work too!!
IPB Image

Here are the two chassis
djm914-6
Here's my latest 914 shell. I guess I do like black 914s.

Dr Evil
Ok, WOW! Its hard to tell if iti s real or not.
cooltimes

Enjoyed seeing the 914 models and tee art thru the links provided.
The 914 tee's for small frys available by snail mail, since Hershey is out of reach for many?
What's the link to show the choices as well as prices?

TIA
Cooltimes
AKA Mike Cooley
Memphis
djm914-6
Evil Mike, Thank you for the compliment. I try very hard to make the most believable shells I can. Most RC painters just paint noce designs but most designs wouldn't be on a full size car. I take full size car designs and paint schemes and scale them down.

Cool Mike. Give me a shout after next weekend. Right now I don't have a site with prices and such. I'm working on it though. Basically, I paint to order and that includes budget. Typically my car portraits start at $25 but for Kids, I try to do a simpler design and cut the price accordingly. Even these are to order as you can choose a car and stance or just send me a pic to work from. email me. AirBoston at comcast dot net.

Here's todays RC shell. It has faux carbon fiber lids and pearl metalic charcoal paint. The top and bumper tops are "gloss removed" plus all chrome is paint, not decal.

djm914-6
I decided that this last body is a good fit for the hoped up chassis I'll be selling. Then after getting todays mail, I figured the chassis and body needed the proper 914club stance...

djm914-6
Would anyone buy these?

IPB Image

Griots garage sells them around $13 each or $17 for doubles. The flames never appealed to me but a faux carbon fiber (like the RC car above) could be interesting. I'm thinking about making a few if people think they'd sell.
djm914-6
Two more done last night. These will be sold with stickers but not applied.

I meant to paint the Gulf car with Orange bumpers and such, but I messed up. Oh well. Maybe the buyer will apply the chrome bumper stickers and make it look like a street car or just leave them black. I guess it doesn't look too bad, but you can't see the blue stripe well.

The silver car is a Pearl color and looks nice in the sun. Nothing fancy.

Dr Evil
That pearl charcoal is the actual color I wanted on my car, but they didn't have a good match in Mex. I think I will be painting my car again in the future.

Those jack stands are killer!
djm914-6
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 19 2006, 09:35 AM) *

That pearl charcoal is the actual color I wanted on my car, but they didn't have a good match in Mex. I think I will be painting my car again in the future.

Those jack stands are killer!

Just another reason for the DIYer to tackle the job.
Yeah, I really like the stands. I haven't figured on a price yet.

djm914-6
Here's the car I finished tonight:
djm914-6
Last bump

I put together a Sale pricing sheet due to the rain. tell me that you're a club member for the best prices. <spam off>

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.