Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever seen one of these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
We were at the Pinnacles(west) Park last weekend and this Citroen was in the parking lot...first one I've ever seen, a GTI...so is that the successor to the CSM? Anybody....Buhler...Buhler....... biggrin.gif
lapuwali
Sounds like a grey-market import. They made a number of GTI cars, as did Peugeot. None ever officially imported to the US. Some time after the SM, Michelin bought Citroen, and it later got absorbed into PSA Group, which also makes Peugeots. They started in with the X series of cars (AX, BX, CX, etc), then started naming them (Xsara, Xanthia). Most Citroens now are just badge engineered Peugeots. All of their past craziness has been eliminated, alas. No more super radical cars like the 11 or the DS.
jimtab
At least they don't look as much like spaceships as they did in the early 60s...when I was in HS a buddy of mine had a ds15(I think) and we would get 4-5 guys in it and "cruse" main st in San Jose...pull up next to a car full of gals and he would make the car go up and down on the air suspension....while we leered out the windows....boy were we smooth...... biggrin.gif
michel richard
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jimtab
oops....my bad...low tech moment biggrin.gif
Jeroen
That's a CX and yes, they were available as GTI's
Very comfy ride
Been a loooooong time since these were new though wink.gif
(mid/late eighties IIRC)
Gustl
the CX was built from 1974 up to 1991

the CX GTI was built from 1977 up to 1989
johannes
The ultimate CX was the CX GTI Turbo 2 ...

You can see the "T" from turbo designed in the rims

Here a picture from a show. Coming out of the giant mouth of Grace Jones ... biggrin.gif

user posted image
johannes
The top of the Citroën program is now the C6

user posted image

And please, only the small Citroën are rebadged Peugeot. Citröen have their own factories and design their own cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.