Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tennesse Tubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don9146
The Tennessee Tubs had a get toghether at one of the member's houses today. The Tubs are a bunch of guys that are into the 356 Porsches primarily (think inverted bathtub for the name), but are collectors of Porsches and vintage cars in general. I will try to get pictures from most of their get-togethers this year.
Picture 1: Looking out of the garage at the cars in the driveway.
don9146
Picture 2:
Obligatory 914 content. How about 2 factory original 914/6s?
don9146
Picture 3:
Detail of the rear badge of the red sixer.
don9146
Picture 4:
Interrior of the red 9146.
don9146
Picture 5:
Another shot of the red 914/6.
don9146
Picture 6:
Shot of the orange 914/6.
don9146
Picture 7:
356 Speedster. More info on the car in the background later. Can anyone guess what is is?
don9146
Picture 8:
Another shot of the speedster from the other side.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (don9146 @ Apr 8 2006, 04:43 PM)
Picture 7:
356 Speedster. More info on the car in the background later. Can anyone guess what is is?

i'm gonna go for Beuttler...
don9146
Picture 9:
Closer shot of the "guess what it is" car. No fair trying to read the badge or looking at the name of the pic! The answer only two pictures away! Stay tuned!!!
don9146
Picture 10:
Another couple of hints:
It is air cooled.
It is based on the 356.
don9146
Picture 11:
Its a Beutler. If you guessed correctly, your prize is your choice of any of the cars in Mike Z's driveway. Please pick up your prize between the hours of 1 AM and 3 AM and bring your own crow-bar.
don9146
Picture 11:
ABARTH!!!!!!!
don9146
Picture 12:
Data on the Abarth.
don9146
Picture 13:
Other side of the Abarth.
don9146
Picture 14:
Rear end of Abarth. Nice cooling scoop.
don9146
Picture 15:
Abarth racing number and light.
don9146
Abarth badge
don9146
Couple of old racing cars tucked into the corner
don9146
The 550 has a long racing history, which I didn't hear. The crappy directions I had got me lost twice and I was 2 hours late getting to the event.
don9146
Oops! Forgot the pic.
don9146
Close-up of the 550 front end.
don9146
Helmet on the back of the 550. Recognize the name? The tag is a litte blurry, but it belongs to Jim Watson. He was giving a tech session in the morning that I missed. Did I mention that I had crappy directions?
don9146
240Z was also in the collection
don9146
Closeup of the 240 engine
don9146
Not a bad racing pedigree...
don9146
Anyone hear of a Denzel?
don9146
Explanation of what the heck the car is...
don9146
Denzel part deux...
don9146
Ass shot of Denzel. Time for guess the cars again. Recognize either of the cars in the upper right part of the photo?
don9146
Closer shot of "Mystery Cars; The Sequel"
don9146
Front shot of the mystery red car...
don9146
Interrior of the red car...
don9146
Its an Apal. Have I mentioned the crappy directions that caused me to miss evrything that went on in the morning like an explanation of what the hell this car is?
don9146
Dash shot of the mystery white car next to the Apal.
don9146
I tried to get a shot of the left side gauge, but the camera auto-focused on the steering-wheel instead of the gauge. Too bad, because that gauge may qualify as a work of art...
don9146
Shot of the front end of the car. The car is big by today's standards, so it must have been huge for when it was made (1953). Its only a 2 seater!
don9146
Badge shot to let evyone know if they were right guessing the name or not. I did overhear that it is Dodge powered (that thing got a Hemi in it?), but missed the details of the car (have I mentioned my crappy directions?).
don9146
I have a few more pictures, but those are the most interesting ones. I hope everyone enjoys them. I know I had a fun day and a good bump in my post count.
blitZ
Nice collection, thanks for the photos.
don9146
Tommy Trabue owns the collection and put on the get-together. He is the founder and owner of Ebbtide boats (at, coincidentally enough, http://www.ebbtideboats.com/ ). One of the ads for his company show-off his Porsche Abarth with the line What Happens When You Cross Your President With A Porsche Racer? You Get A Boat That Corners Like A Porsche, ..., which instantly gets my vote for best cross-marketing campaign I have seen in a while.
SirAndy
QUOTE (don9146 @ Apr 8 2006, 12:40 PM)
Picture 3:
Detail of the rear badge of the red sixer.

euro spec?????

no sidemarkers, euro front/rear lenses, no porsche letters on the engine grill ...
did it have a km/h speedo ????

nice cars!
clap56.gif Andy
don9146
euro spec?????

no sidemarkers, euro front/rear lenses, no porsche letters on the engine grill ...
did it have a km/h speedo ????

nice cars!

Yup, it is a euro model. It had Arizona tags on it, but I don't know the full history of the car.

Later,
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.