Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Video Gurus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
A friend made a fun video. It's a take off of the 'Streets of Paris/Ferrari' thing done in this area. The VOB (DVD) file is 566mb. Is there an easy way to convert it to something less bulky that could be posted?
Rand
Something cool to know... With *some* DVDs, you can just copy a .vob file from the DVD to your hard drive, rename it to .mpeg and your standard media player will play it. If that works, you can re-encode the mpeg file with any number of free tools to get the file size down (as long as you don't mind losing quality or frame size).

There are a ton of encoders. A couple ideas for starters.... Depending on which target format you want....

Windows Media Encoder

Riva - to Flash video

I haven't yet decided on my favorite program for recrunching mpeg to a smaller mpeg. I've looked at Super Fever, Flask, some DivX stuff... don't know yet. Maybe someone else will pitch in here. icon_bump.gif
turboman808
Darn I can't think right now what I use but I have to do this type of work time to time. When a client loses originals and needs something changed on a dvd this is very handy to know. FYI

If no one else answers you by monday I can tell you how I do it. I just can't remember right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.