Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my new ride!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
OK not even a car HAHA
But this is my new/old commuter bike. Fresh parts and new paint. Has a bit of a vintage feel.

turboman808
and another
Joe Bob
Auld Skool.... wink.gif
turboman808
nuovo derailer
turboman808
sr crank
turboman808
brooks and modolo parts up front

Seat and wheels are new rest of the parts are between 15-35 years old.

Also have a temporary seatpost. I got the wrong size. So I need to hunt down another one. Campagnolo aero should be there soon enough.
Joe Bob
I have to look....but I may have some old Campy stuff from the 70s.....
gregrobbins
Very late 60s and early 70s vintage. My first "real" bike was a '72 Mondia Special. Reynolds 531 tubing, Nervex chrome lugs, NR derailures & cranks, with TTT stem and handle bar set, Brooks saddle, and Mafac "racer" center pulls.

Put a lot of miles on the old girl. Now she is sporting full Ultegra set up. Still rides like a dream.
blitZ
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Apr 8 2006, 05:41 PM)
OK not even a car HAHA
But this is my new/old commuter bike. Fresh parts and new paint. Has a bit of a vintage feel.

I can tell it's been a while since I bought a new bike, when did they start using dogs for kick stands?
turboman808
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Apr 8 2006, 01:57 PM)
Very late 60s and early 70s vintage. My first "real" bike was a '72 Mondia Special. Reynolds 531 tubing, Nervex chrome lugs, NR derailures & cranks, with TTT stem and handle bar set, Brooks saddle, and Mafac "racer" center pulls.

Put a lot of miles on the old girl. Now she is sporting full Ultegra set up. Still rides like a dream.

nice survivor

I originaly had a saddle like that but looked out of place with this bike I felt. I wanted to get a brooks swallow but the prices are crazy. $300 new $400 used HAHA. I didn't get a good picture of the saddle but it's a selle storika. Modern take on a retro seat. And only $60.

I have a yellow lugged De Bernardi in the attic. But I had this frame since I was about 16 and felt I should use it instead.
army dude
Boy, talk about memories. Nice bikes. I had a Gios Torino with sprinklings af Campy and Shimano.I used to race back in the 80's and would put about 600 miles on a week. Then, when I got stationed in Cali I locked it up outside of my room on base and next morning it was gone. Damn! I still miss that bike!

Ian in Iraq

30 days till stateside
37 till I drive

what on GOD'S green earth is this? mrs.K.gif
Rand
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Apr 8 2006, 01:41 PM)
OK not even a car  HAHA
But this is my new/old commuter bike.  Fresh parts and new paint.  Has a bit of a vintage feel.

user posted image

I think you got a dog caught in there. Which is better than having a rogue beast attached to your pant-leg.

Speaking of vintage, there is still a Teledyne Titan in our family.

Nice ride.
smontanaro
My road bike is an early 80's Trek 760 (full Suntour Superbe)
bought new from Livermore Cyclery in maybe '82? I bought a
Campy NR rear derailleur a couple years ago, but didn't like it
nearly as well as the Suntour. It now sits in my parts box.

Gonna be nice in Chicago this week. Let's see, teener or bike,
teener or bike?

Skip Montanaro
turboman808
QUOTE (smontanaro @ Apr 9 2006, 02:46 PM)
My road bike is an early 80's Trek 760 (full Suntour Superbe)
bought new from Livermore Cyclery in maybe '82? I bought a
Campy NR rear derailleur a couple years ago, but didn't like it
nearly as well as the Suntour. It now sits in my parts box.

Gonna be nice in Chicago this week. Let's see, teener or bike,
teener or bike?

Skip Montanaro

why choose God made saturday and sunday. Although I have been doing alot more trail running then biking. My dog really lays a guilt trip if I don't take him on a long trail run every weekend. Not to mention running 5 miles with him every morning. Man is he spoiled!!! Hell he doesn't even eat dog food. Just open the fridge and he points at what he wants. Usualy steak and hamburgers.

Don't get me started posting all my other bikes biggrin.gif
Porcharu
You could make a nice single speeder out of that - nice rig. Something about "pure" bikes that I just love.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.