Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yuck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
Just bought a new helmet since my old one is a snell 95.

I then needed to move all my communication stuff, the intercom for when I instruct, and the other for race communication out of the old helmet into the new helmet..

FYI: my old helmet has been on the shelf in my trailer since last october, untouched..

When I got my old helmet out of the bag.. I looked inside and it was disgusting barf.gif ..It smelled...I cant believe that thing was ever on my head w00t.gif

Also dont use Shoo goo to fasten anything in your helmet... its a pita to remove

P.S.S: My new helmet is a G-force "Pro Force Air" it is almost a pound lighter than my Simpson Bandit, and cost less. I am going to hook up the forced air and see how that works...
r_towle
I learned that lesson years ago with motorcycle helmets..

The full face helmets form a seal if you set them on a shelf..no air can get in there...

I now hang my helmet so it can air out....

Yup,,,its gross...

Rich
TimT
Well my helmet was zipped in a bag, placed on a shelf, locked in a trailer and untouched for 5+ months laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Loaner helmets at an AX...... icon8.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (TimT @ Apr 8 2006, 05:45 PM)
Well my helmet was zipped in a bag, placed on a shelf, locked in a trailer and untouched for 5+ months laugh.gif

Sweeeeetttt!!!!

Rich
TimT
Loaner helmets at an AX......

No way!! chairfall.gif

I wont subject anyone to that
Joe Bob
Fresh off of some dirt bag 944 driver's head..... w00t.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (* @ Apr 8 2006, 02:58 PM)
Fresh off of some dirt bag 944 driver's head..... w00t.gif

dry.gif Wise ass. That you in the pic? back before you realized aaron.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.