Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferrari in Paris Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
I assume most of you have seen this. Controversy exists as to how authentic it really is, but great entertainment anyway.

LeLouche

Not to be outdone, The Westlake Village contingent (not including yours truly) has produced their own. See it now before it hits the big screen and the filmakers get incarcerated. Those of you who attended WCC 2005 may recognize some of the roads. I'm sure Slits will remember that little stretch by the white rail fence cool.gif.
Low res (but still 12.5MB) to ease download and protect the guilty.
I REALLY have to go potty, Officer.
VegasRacer
LMFAO chairfall.gif
I see you decided not to spend the money to hire a pro driver for the video.
Joe Bob
My Valentine 1 saved my ass that day.... ohmy.gif
dekman
Funny Howard! but there is something just not right about both of them. They're not going as fast as it seems. Sound does'nt quite fit.....thanks for the video! screwy.gif
Howard
Everybody's an 'effin critic. I had nothing to do with this (honest, officer).
dekman
Howard...you are too sensitive! mrs.K.gif Be the man I know you can be! (and get a "six"). I was making an observation! cool_shades.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (! @ Apr 8 2006, 05:29 PM)

Do you like the Valentine One? It obviously worked for you that day. Would I be wise to by one?

Cheers, Elliot
Joe Bob
Oh yeah....goes with me on long trips as well in my wifes beater and my gubmint car.
reddog
275 GTB... like it a lot
lots of trees= shade for the Germans marching
F1 driver? My guess James Hunt
yada
thanks beer.gif
Howard
QUOTE (dekman @ Apr 8 2006, 05:08 PM)
Be the man I know you can be! (and get a "six").

Yo Rob laugh.gif
You have a six, right? Is it in that tiny orange dot I saw in my rear view mirror? av-943.gif
I have power steering, A/C, ABS and you don't poke.gif
bernbomb914
both of those tapes had to shot very early on a sunday morning or everybody is dead in that area. where are all the cars?

Bernie
redshift
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Apr 8 2006, 08:25 PM)
LMFAO chairfall.gif
I see you decided not to spend the money to hire a pro driver for the video.

laugh.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

M
johannes
HAHAHAHAHA !

This guy is driving not faster than 50 mph

Thanks to the fish eye lense you have illusion he is going very fast ...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

See my video ... I put a fish eye on my camcorder . I was driving 30 mph

My 914 fish eye video

pfierb
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Apr 8 2006, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (! @ Apr 8 2006, 05:29 PM)

Do you like the Valentine One? It obviously worked for you that day. Would I be wise to by one?

Cheers, Elliot

Best radar detector I have ever used....has paid for itself many times over .....best part is that it tells you exactly where the radar unit is front,back or side.
dekman
Yo Howad....remember the last time I led?(I had to pull over and wait 5 min for you). Power steering?-don't need it,less road feel, (and I'm not OLD yet). A/C?- steals power, my top comes off(remember?) ABS- not necessary for real MEN! And so I feel the gaunlet has been thrown! You and me...mano a mano at Streets, 10 laps, winner take all! Just like PINKS......what do you say Howad? mrs.K.gif DEKMAN is ready cool_shades.gif
Howard
Johannes, saw your video before. smilie_pokal.gif Google video has it, one of mine, and WCC 2005 indexed. Just put '914' in the search bar. Great place to download stuff to, but you have to join and get the video approved. Google Video

Good stuff on the Lelouch video from his site.Lelouch. Camera car was a 450SEL, sound from a 275GT Ferrari. Westlake tape is also BS, of course, but fun.

Rob, sorry, couldn't hear you at first, 250W stereo was a bit loud. OK, you're on. I'll even throw in the wife, kids and dogs if you win. Your challenge, so I get to pick venue. Lone Pine A/X 5/20-5/21. 1.5 mile straight. No towing, you have to drive your weapon to the track.

And thanks for the medical advice, but think I will hold off on the meds until after we race. Not that I don't trust you beerchug.gif

Howad??? Dickman! w00t.gif
Howard
Edit: changed my mind. Keeping the dogs clap56.gif
dekman
Get ready I'm going to whine: Lone Pine! autocross on a beat up runway? What kind of racetrack is that? I'll bring my golf cart............ bootyshake.gif
Howard
Rob, you are probably unfamiliar with the Code Duello, but must inform you that your car now belongs to me. When the challenge is made by the offended party, the person challenged has the right to choose weapons.

Your refusal to accept same means you have ceded your right of control and ownership of said property. My second will contact you to arrange for title transfer.

I understand you may have not been aware of these rules when the gaunlet was thrown, so found this article to suggest another way we could handle this.

Harvey, La., located on the Westbank of the Mississippi River just above New Orleans, is named for S.M. Harvey. He came to New Orleans in 1840 and married Miss Louise Destrehan of the wealthy and prominent family of that name.

Prior to coming to New Orleans, Harvey was a skipper of a whaling vessel. In his new environment of wealth and influence, and not knowing the intricacy of Creole customs, he was as out of place as a New Orleanian carrying snow skis in August.

One evening Harvey and his wife attended a gala dinner party that was followed by the customary gentleman’s card game. The game proceeded quite pleasantly until an altercation arose between Mr. Harvey and a Creole gentleman of high position named Mr. Albert Farve. Mr. Farve did something that provoked Harvey, who (in an ungentlemanly fashion) punched Farve, knocking him to the ground and inflicting a black eye.

The next day Farve sent his second (person selected to represent him according to the dueling code) to advise Harvey that he had been insulted and wished to meet him in mortal combat on the field of honor. The second then advised Harvey that his being challenged allowed him choice of weapons.

Harvey, being unaccustomed to the code duello rules, asked for a further explanation. Farve’s second responded, “You, sir, may select pistols, swords, rifles, shotguns or any dangerous weapon in which you may be skilled.” Thinking for a minute or two, Harvey then said, “I understand now and will meet your friend on the terms you state. Please pick the time and place to suit your own convenience.”

Farve’s second replied, “That, sir, is prompt and like a gentleman of honor.” He then asked, “Please favor me with your choice of weapons that I might communicate it to my friend.” Harvey very politely said, “Please wait a minute.” He then went into another area of the house and returned with two 10-foot long hickory handled whaling harpoons. He advised the second that this was his choice and would be used at a distance of 20 paces.

He then went outside and demonstrated the weapon by splitting a tree in half at 20 paces. The astonished and confused Creole gentleman questioned, “What, sir, do you suppose my friend to be, a fish to be stuck by such a damn tool as that?”

“Fish or no fish,” replied Harvey, “this is my choice of weapons.”

The indignant Creole left in great disgust and reported to his principal. After careful deliberation, Mr. Albert Farve no doubt decided he had not really been insulted by Harvey and the duel with the proposed harpoons never took place.

In this instance because of quick thinking and a sense of humor by Harvey, in place of blood being spilled on the field of honor, laughter spilled throughout the city as word spread of the unusual choice of weapon selected by Harvey.

Or, could we just settle this over a pint? laugh.gif

dekman
Howard....it is evident that you have way to much free time on your hands. So you want to use 10' whaling harpons??? Cars would be much more fun. driving.gif Or a pint of root beer works too................. beer3.gif
redshift
laugh.gif

Ok, I want to duel now... anyone?

M
Dead Air
QUOTE (redshift @ Apr 10 2006, 12:32 AM)
laugh.gif

Ok, I want to duel now... anyone?

M

Okay!
Howard
God I love this place av-943.gif
Randal
See my video ... I put a fish eye on my camcorder . I was driving 30 mph

Nice Video.

How did you get the front(looking back)/rear(looking foward) and side shots?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.