Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, NPC, Wife got a new car!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
FINALLY!!!!!!!

My wife's college car....... bought it in 2003, while she was still in college..... and no, I did not know her at the time...... and no, I would not, and could not allow her to purchase such a heaping piece of shit. (2000 Chevy Cavalier)

Although... I must admit, I miss the smile on my wife's face when she floored it..... the engine gave out a growling cry slightly resembling that of a dying yak, yet didn't really manage to actually "accelerate".

Yesterday, we bought a bottle of that black car-wax "stuff", that doesn't really wax a car, but it managed to cover a HUGE amount of the imperperfections that actually made the car look like it had once been on FIRE. Then, we vaccumed out all the crap, remnants of cigarrette butts, dead bugs, and dust. Then, we greased on an uber-thick coat of Armor-All to give the appearance that it had actually been used before. Then I super-glued the door lock cylinder back onto the door skin, from where it had been punched in during a break in (it had been sitting inside the door for 2 years, with a gaping hole on the passenger door).

Finally, we drove to every Mazda dealership within 100 miles of St. Louis, and FINALLY found a dealership that didn't want to totally screw us over. They gave us an INCREDIBLE deal, and stayed open 2.5 HOURS past closing time.... the manager, the salesperson, and the finance guy all stayed.

Lou Fusz Mazda/Subaru in St. Louis is HIGHLY recommended beer.gif

Auffenberg????...... well lets just say if you are even considering them?? DON'T!!! finger.gif

Anyway.... we left tonight with a 2006 Mazda 3s-touring edition, 5door...... with exactly 29 miles biggrin.gif

Now I can FINALLY change my signature to something a bit less embarrassing.

--Matt
GeorgeRud
You should enjoy it, the Mazda 3 is a nice car. Seems that when it comes to engineering, Mazda is always neat. We used to race an old RX2 in IMSA in the 70s, and I've liked them ever since. My wife drives a Tribute as our big car.
DanT
Nice car....my daughters both have Mazdas.
20 year old has a 2000 Protege'
23 year old has a 2003 Mazda 6i

good cars. very reliable and zero repairs.

good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.