Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC - New tow vehicle - Torque monster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dan10101
In the alternate towing vehicles thread, I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a classic El Camino to tow the cars to the track. Well, I did it. Hopefully the amount of work it needs is low enough so as to not take precious car $$'s away from the Porsches. But, towing will once again, be FuN. biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The motor is strong, a new 402 Big block. Now a TH400 with 12bolt posi. Seats are now buckets, We'll replace them with a nice bench seat to accomidate a third rider as needed.

I'll need to do some work to it. It came with a new dash piece to replace the cracked one where someone stole the radio. I want to clean up the interior with a hidden AC unit. Need to remove the roll bar, and a few other things, not to mention removing the old paint and spreading on some new. Not too sure if it will be the original yellow or now. (that's about the only thing I could extract from the cowl tag..)

That's enough for now, I think I'll go sit in the caruck again.

WOW, So that's what torque feels like, and the Secondarys aren't even kicking in yet. Wohoo I'm a kid again. 1 burnout complete...
Dan

Howard, Do you want to be my insurance agent? rolleyes.gif
drive-ability
Looks like a nice one, lots of potential there. I guess with a 400 you wont lack towing power. The old elco's are a nice blend of car and truck . beer.gif
reddog
gotta love it aktion035.gif
messix
start growing your mullet
Lou W
Great find smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
what? no 572 BBC? laugh.gif
dan10101
"572"

No, I'm going for the gas mileage rolleyes.gif Really, how much wheelspin can you take? It's only getting 1/2 throttle and they roasted like the ground was wet. I'll take a queue from Andrew, "need more tire".

Actually, I had to buy a Chevy, because the only place I can grow hair is on the back of my head. (that I want to talk about..)

This means one of the Turbos will be up for sale soon. Probably the stock one. Mom says 4 car garage means 4 cars, not 5.

Andrew is at his girlfriends Prom right now. Should be over in about 1/2 hour. I expect him home around 3am. ohmy.gif

I'm going to bed, I need to spike Mom's medicine so she'll sleep tonight. ph34r.gif
jimtab
Hmmmmmm...Cowboy Cadillac..... biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
For Christmas we'll send you a pit bull and a shotgun rack for the back window.... j/k

Actually, I dig your ride... nice going! I hope it has an alarm (Modesto).
Brent
Dan and Andy are in a fine neighborhood. Don't hate because its not the SV. Cmon, a four car Garage! Outstanding.
dan10101
It's a pretty nice neighborhood. But, I'm the rebel with 4 car garage. Everyone else just parks their cars outside like normal people.
Porcharu
That ain't torque. I'd hate to see your gas bill while towing.
You need a diesel to claim torque. 750ft/pounds at 1500 is torque. 1200ft/lbs. is real grunt.
JPB
Es uno camioneta de fuego segnor but not tomuch room for da gingygingy!!!

sheeplove.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (dan10101 @ Apr 8 2006, 09:34 PM)

This means one of the Turbos will be up for sale soon. Probably the stock one. Mom says 4 car garage means 4 cars, not 5.

You could point out that it's not a car, it's a truck wink.gif

Nice find beerchug.gif
neo914-6
Dan,

A few mods and it will look like the 914 familly... laugh.gif

Nice excuse for getting a gas guzzling hot rod. wink.gif
jonwatts
I dig it. A place for track tires, jack, tools, and the power to tow.

aktion035.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Towing, you might want to think of a smaller 4 Barrel, and rear gear in the 3;08 range. That,s what i would do
but it is really flat here, not to many hills and no mountains
My 2 cents. Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.