914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Wow,
Read about this motor...1803 , and 650 hp///
http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=103&i=7138

Duh, forgot the link...sorry..its late
Rich
rick 918-S
Hey, cool, take those stupid lights off there!
jimtab
Geeez that's fucking horrible looking.... ohmy.gif
r_towle
650 HP, who cares what it looks like..

And Rick..at that speed I want all the lights I can get...gotta see like daytime....

Rich
SirAndy
my eyes, my eyes ... ohmy.gif
jetboy
I actually really like that car. By far, one of the funnest to drive in Gran Turismo 4.
Aaron Cox
650 came from the 2.1 liter evo trim:)

nice....
alpha434
The article never said how many pistons the damn thing has!

Does anyone know?
Mugs914
Four cylinder DOHC turbo. The engine sits in the car backwards, that is to say the transmission is in front of the engine with a drive shaft going forward to the front diff and another going past the engine to the rear. They really wanted to keep all of the major masses between the axles....

I was a Ford guy in a previous life and really liked the RS200s. Awsome little cars... It actually looks pretty nice without the lights, and a little goofy with them, but at night on a one lane gravel road through the forest at 100 mph they come in handy!
Jeroen
awesome car (pretty too if you ask me)
was designed for the "group B" rallye class, which never happened
most of the cars ended up in "Rallycross", a european version of dirttrack racing sad.gif
thesey914
10 a penny over here....
Spoke
Nice car. Needs more lights.

hijacked.gif Here's one my neighbor just picked up. Saturn Sky

Spoke
URY914
One ran in IMSA ....
rhcb914
designed for the "group B" rallye class, which never happened

Actually group b ran from 1983 to 1986. It was canceled because there were too many deaths. The cars were so fast some of the best drivers in the world could not control them.

I love group B rally cars!

neo914-6
There was one at Canepa's being federalized for US. He was very impressed with it...
Dr. Roger
can you imagine this car with 840 BHP???? !!!!!

see it here

Allan
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Apr 8 2006, 10:33 PM)
Hey, cool, take those stupid lights off there!

agree.gif

Looks like it should be under water...
JPB
Wow, that engine must sound nutshakashatering! Ya gotta give it to the Ghia boys for another tameless beast or is it the beast wanting to tame us?

wub.gif
BarberDave
trophy:
WTF, not my cup of tea!!!

Dave wacko.gif
Dead Air
they don't look bad with out the lights...Sorta like a Neon with a bad attitude!
Jeroen
QUOTE (rhcb914 @ Apr 9 2006, 01:57 PM)
designed for the "group B" rallye class, which never happened

Actually group b ran from 1983 to 1986. It was canceled because there were too many deaths. The cars were so fast some of the best drivers in the world could not control them.

I love group B rally cars!

you're right. thanks for the correction...
lot of cool cars were developed for the class (like the porsche 959 or the midengined MG Metro turbo) but never got a chance to really prove their potential

VaccaRabite
Ahhh, the "Killer B's"

There is a certian level of insanity that goes hand in hand with rally racing at that level. It is (was, for the B's) incredible to watch though.

Zach
URY914
Here is another, dressed for a hill climb...
JmuRiz
In my mind that car is excellent looking. I'd love to have one of those and an Audi Sport Quattro. All that HP on a short wheelbase make them the ultimate rally cars.
i love porsche
agree.gif agree.gif

this car, and the audi quattro are some of my favorite rallye cars...i would loooove to drive one of these, collectorcartraderonline.com has 2 i think, for just a couple hundred thousand each...easy lol

i find this car very attractive, especially with the night driving lamps...i just love the look of rallye cars
grantsfo
When I lived in Portland a few years ago there was a guy that drove one of those around town. It was crazy fast. I think the white one with OR plate is the car I saw.
Mueller
I like it......

I bet Kennady Engineering has an adapter for that motor or at least for the same series smash.gif
mike_the_man
QUOTE (Dr. Roger @ Apr 9 2006, 12:45 PM)
can you imagine this car with 840 BHP???? !!!!!

see it here

3 of my buddies went down to Pikes Peak last year to crew for the Mach2 racing team. Dan_F, a member here, was one of them. Stig Blomquist (sp?) was the driver. It sounds like a pretty spectacular car. They were shooting for the overall Pikes Peak record. If Dan sees this thread, I'm sure he'll respond.

URY914
You mean this...
i love porsche
my heart just skipped a beat after seeing that picture...oh that thing is gorgeous wub.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (URY914 @ Apr 10 2006, 10:07 AM)
You mean this...

Yep, that's the one, I like the streetcar version too:
user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.