Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car was hauled off yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
It's on its way to Pilot Knob, MO and the paint shop of Shelby, aka Flatout.

Shelby and her Dad came up to O'Fallon Saturday morning to trailer my car to her shop. In about 2 months time, my 72 faded Bahia Red 2.2 liter will take on a new appearance; a steel flared, Jaguar Racing Green GT clone.

I'll be posting pictures as often as I can to show the progress of the car, and there's a good chance Shelby will as well. Most of us have seen the superb paint jobs Shelby has done on Hot Rods, Show cars and bikes. Now we'll get to see a 914 getting a dose of her magic.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
neo914-6
Gary,

I envy your proximity to Shelby. Her SEMA work has propelled her reputation and business.

BTW, no pics of her? confused24.gif
TINCAN914
From what I have seen of her work, it's going to look amazing!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Have her post pics of the process...
VegasRacer
QUOTE (STL914 @ Apr 9 2006, 02:10 PM)
Now we'll get to see a 914 getting a dose of her magic.

Lucky Teener. wub.gif
messix
lucky dog.
SpecialK
She does do some very nice work!! Congrats Gary! smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
excellent color choise. i look forward to this one.

k
Porsche Rescue
Are we talking about the painter who graces the April calendar?
STL914
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Apr 9 2006, 05:43 PM)
Are we talking about the painter who graces the April calendar?

The one and the same.

Shelby and her dad are two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif You are with the right party! Congrates!

Dan
72914S
I will be watching for any and all pictures.
flatout
Thanks for all of the nice comments!!!Very nice car to start out with. clap56.gif I will keep you posted with pics.
STL914
Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? biggrin.gif

Shelby, I forgot to give you the F/G rear valance for the car,
left it at my place when I brought the other parts to my son's condo. I'll bring it down in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for offering to pick up the car.

STL914
Here's a little tease for you all clap56.gif
STL914
Passenger side with one of the flares I bought from Brad Mayeur for a price
I couldn't refuse.
Aaron Cox
MO PICS
Trekkor
This will be a tasty build chowtime.gif

KT
STL914
one more.
STL914
I meant to add this last photo just before the site went down. Here's Shelby welding passenger side front flare.

nomore9one4
This is gonna be sweet! Shelby, do you really need to weld in all those heavy cloths? confused24.gif welder.gif happy11.gif wub.gif
messix
now this just sucks. shelby has just raised the bar that i will judge all women by. i'm going to be single forever, shelby has ruined me!
Thack
Damn that's hot, a girl that can restore your 914 with a welder.
Porsche Rescue
The most incredible part of the story is the "Miss April" picture on the Club calendar. Can someone scan and post for those unfortunate members who did not buy a calendar?
McMark
How can she weld with all that hair in the way!! poke.gif

If you don't get it, click the Card button below my picture.
Porsche Rescue
Welding or washing, I can't decide.....................
drgchapman
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 18 2006, 07:20 AM) *

Welding or washing, I can't decide.....................

Washing,......Definitely, Washing
Steve Thacker

Makes me harder than the times of 29'
The back of that fine piece of female machinery looks as tight as a military bunk.
I would love to try and pop a quarter off it KMA.gif

the car is coming along nicely also...... biggrin.gif
flatout
Well,it would definitely not be good for me to weld with less clothes on! biggrin.gif I don't think I would enjoy the welding burns where they might occur! laugh.gif I did catch my hair on fire once welding under a car.Had to get a new hair style until it grew b stan.gif ack out.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 18 2006, 12:39 AM) *

How can she weld with all that hair in the way!!
you're such a girl ... rolleyes.gif

nice work there shelby!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
STL914
Shelby sent me a few more pictures today of the progress she's making on my car. Here's the first:

messix
it's just terriable how us men have objectified shelby.... she is much much more than just another...

automotive painter.

thank you shelby for being such a good sport.

even though you have ruined my expectations of what my "prefect" woman should be! no one can touch you!
Thack
That would be heaven to have a girl that could flare and paint my car. I would probbly buy you a house and a huge garage. smlove2.gif
flatout
Wow!You guys are sooo nice to me! smile.gif Thanks!!!!!

It's fun to work on a great car that is nice to start with. clap56.gif It'll be cool when it's done.

Thack
Shelby,
Do you have any pics of your finished work? even if they are not 914s.
SpecialK
I saw a 911 Targa that she did (completely including interior) for her friend Randal.......EXCELLENT!! smiley_notworthy.gif
So.Cal.914
The Goddess of fire welder.gif
flatout
Yes, Thack , I have posted picks of street rods, harleys and late model cars that I have painted. I have no idea how to find them on this site. confused24.gif I imagine Gary will keep posting pics. Kevin, thanks for the kind words on Randy's 911
STL914
Shelby working on the driver's side rear flare. You can see the blue painted
flared rocker fit to the car for proper alignment of the flare.
tod914
Nice Avatar Special K, no wonder Dick Cheney missed his mark!

STL914
My son Trent and I drove down to Shelby's shop to take her some parts for my car and check out her progress. Flares are installed and the body work has begun.
Here's a couple of pictures I took today:

STL914
Latest pic of my car at Shelby's taken late last year. Flares are on and the car is in primer.
nomore9one4
It's looking good Gary. I can't wait to see it with paint.
seanery
agree.gif Me too, between you and Garold, I may need to send her Whitey!
GaroldShaffer
boldblue.gif You didn't happen to see a little orange 914 waiting its turn did ya? Your car is looking good. I can't wait to see the finish product, both yours and mine. biggrin.gif

wavey.gif Hi Shelby welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Rand
Wow. Time lapse. I would love to hear the current status on this project. Shelby / aka Flatout, rocks, we know that much.

But, Gary? Any updates? Shelby? You still online????
flatout
Both are coming along fine and will be done in april. smile.gif I will try and get some pic's of Garolds next week. You have seen Garys, his is about ready for color.I am on my last guide coat now. I hope. Thanks Shelby
STL914
It's taken a bit longer than Shelby and I had planned, bit it is coming along nicely.
She's all ready for the color coat to be applied. I've added some updated pictures to my blog:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?aut...blogid=246&

tdgray
Lookin Good Gary!

Shelby does some great work
Thack
Did you guys run out of paint? I want to see the end result.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.