Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rustiest teener??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Picked this up Friday. Sat near, but not in, the Chesapeake bay since 84 when last registerd. Supposedly a 53,000 original mile car, and I did see evidence that it may be. Oh and it has a Miles connection ph34r.gif ?
scotty b
Hard to tell here but the trunk has rusted completely loos from the latch and the rear bumper looks like it was shot with a 12 gauge it has so many rust holes
scotty b
A little fibreglass reinforced filler and it's good to go blink.gif
scotty b
This is what the rear trunk looked like. Front bumper also had several holes rusted through it.
djm914-6
Looks like I found the perfect car to model a new RC shell after! biggrin.gif
Think the RC shell will sell?
scotty b
1.8, side shifter, and I swear to everything holy this freaking engine turns over by hand like it was just rebuilt!!
scotty b
Now for a few of the goodies. Sail trim is near PERFECT! one small dent on the drivers side. These should polish up VERY nicely smilie_pokal.gif
scotty b
Side view
porschecb
Why do you want this car? For the motor? ohmy.gif
scotty b
No seats, pass door panel is in decent shape. Windows reg's will be going in my dads 72 so his glass will quit popping out wacko.gif that is assuming I ever get back to werking on it laugh.gif Seat mounts and gauges were removed by a friend who originally found the car 4 years ago. Doors are rusted through on the botoms and the sides
scotty b
QUOTE (porschecb @ Apr 9 2006, 02:26 PM)
Why do you want this car? For the motor? ohmy.gif

Tranny. I have 2 late model cars with no running gear. The sail trim and fog lights were nice bonuses though biggrin.gif I assume this is a POS aftermarket but I kept it just in case screwy.gif anyone know otherwise confused24.gif
scotty b
I have thrown away 2-3 sets of fog lights form better cars because the housing had rusted through, so magine my surprise when I found this!
scotty b
JB Weld anyone? laugh.gif
Flat VW
Scotty B----------you may have a winner there. smilie_pokal.gif

John
scotty b
Pedal cluster moves as freely as the engine and still had some of the cad plating left on it! Very good piece to rebuild. Note the hole rusted through the wall behind it though
JeffBowlsby
Can you post good photos of the engein bay labels please?
G e o r g e
porschecb Posted on Apr 9 2006, 02:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do you want this car? For the motor?  

popcorn[1].gif
scotty b
QUOTE (Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 9 2006, 02:38 PM)
Can you post good photos of the engein bay labels please?

You're kidding right? I'll go back out and see if they are even there, I really didn't pay attention to them. I do have a VIN if you want it. Found Saint Christopher under the dash. His brother Saint Crustopher was everywhere else rolleyes.gif This makes the 2nd car I have found one of these in, and 2 other cars with crucifixes in them.
scotty b
GO TO HELL SCOTT !!

Um O.K.
scotty b
Another glimpse into hell
scotty b
Last shot of hell, this time I threw some light on it
scotty b
Just for you Jeff. Is this what you wanted? Hope so 'cause thats all
scotty b
Now what you've all been waiting for. No 6 degrees of seperation here, it's a direct link to Miles
krazykonrad
At least the door handles are in good shape! laugh.gif
crash914
Hey thats a keeper!

Rust free east coast car.

Bet we can rebuild it...
FourBlades

Hope someone paid you to remove that car!

Reminds me of the thread of worst condition teeners from a few years back.

Can't find it with the search function, anyone remember that?

John
Mark Henry
If the front and rear are still attached your not even close to being the rustiest.

I scoff at your feeble rustiest attempt.

IPB Image
Cheapsnake
Wow! Now that's rust! I don't feel too bad now about my first teener that broke in half on the way home. However, in contrast to yours, all the body panels were nearly rust free. You sure you didn't find that thing IN Chesapeake Bay?

Tom
veltror
Makes mine appear rust free....
plymouth37
This makes the 2nd car I have found one of these in, and 2 other cars with crucifixes in them.

You need divine protection when you get t-boned by a dump truck in a 914...

The natural foods sticker seems appropriate. What you got there is an automotive compost pile, naturally breaking down and returning vital nutrients to the earth which will inevitably help grow rows upon rows of cars in the seasons to come.
johannes
Looks like a winner to me ! ...
Root_Werks
blink.gif

Theres so much rust it's starting to loose it's 914 shape.

There are lots of good parts on that thing.
r_towle
Mark Henry beat me to it....but I can beat that...

I have often thought of taking a car like that, putting in a cage to hold it together, and running it in a few autox's just to piss off the purests...

Rich
EdwardBlume
That's some serious rust...
Eric_Shea
Rich... is that where you got those caliper cores you sent me? biggrin.gif

Hatteras - That explains everything. First off, I know of no natural food store in Hatteras so, that had to be a while ago. Nothing like good ole sea salt infested air to help the "cause" along.

There's an older surfer guy that hangs out in Hatteras (long blond haired dude, seen him a lot around Teach's Lair) that has a 914. Didn't see him or the car last time I was there. That's not the car though...
r_towle
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 22 2010, 06:11 PM) *

Rich... is that where you got those caliper cores you sent me? biggrin.gif

I warned you ahead of time....you told me the acid will fix that...
post a pic when done...I want to start using that acid...maybe the car will evaporate.

Gotta love how fast things rust up here...salt is really an amazing thing we hate but we cant live without...

This year we tested beat juice and beer on the roads with really amazing (better than salt) results.
The beer is actually the juice that is left over....not a consumable thing so it was not headed anywhere special.

Rich
URY914
Hang on to those outside door handles
Eric_Shea
I don't think I can fix those but... I'm-a-gonna try. I plan on turning some lemons into lemonade. wink.gif

Those will be a good video candidate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.