Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix PCA Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
Nice day for an autocross. Nice representation by 914s.

I broke at the end of the first run. Motor started missing, then a rapid clicking sound, shut it down. Tried to restart, but nothing. Turns over, getting fuel and spark at the plugs. Had all the 914 guys scratching their heads. Motor is stock 2.0L with D-jet
bryanc
Bummer. BTDT. Hopefully it's something simple. When I happened to me, it was a dropped valve seat. $$$$$
Flat VW
Good wishes Greg,

John wavey.gif wavey.gif

P.S. It was gonna break anyway. ph34r.gif
gregrobbins
Tim's new 3.0L six
gregrobbins
Tim's old 4 and the new owner Renn? Hope to him involved here.
gregrobbins
Paul's sweet four and Paul is a very good driver.
gregrobbins
Beautiful '75 1.8L that showed up today.
gregrobbins
Jack's 2.7L six was off its pace today with carburator problems. He left early too, but he drove home. sad.gif
gregrobbins
Thinking of using this as my new ride until the 914 is running again.
Flat VW
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Apr 9 2006, 03:27 PM)
Thinking of using this as my new ride until the 914 is running again.

Low COG!

John
jasons
Aw man you used Quik Pik towing. I have a story about those guys and my 944S2. The driver couldn't figure out how to lash my car to the flatbed. It took him almost 2 hours to finally get the car "secured". Long story short.... We came to a stoplight and the guy braked hard. Truck stopped, 944 didn't. It slammed the front of the bed. Then getting it fixed is another story.

I can tell in the pic, thats not the driver I had. He might have been fired after that anyway.

Actually, I'm just sorry to see you needed a tow truck at all.
Mugs914
Gee Greg, really sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope it turns out to be simple. This got you thinking engines again? wink.gif

Where was the autocross held?
MoveQik
Sorry to hear about your car Greg. I guess you'll have to drive one of your other two Porsches now poke.gif

BTW - Any time for lunch this week?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.