Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front mounted Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Went to change out the fuel hoses under the tank, I knew I heard the fuel pump up there, it is sort of funky. Really short, twow hoses attached to one end, with the generic box fuel filter. Does it look familiar to anyone? Sorry about the bad pic, this was the best one.

Silvery looking deal is where the power attaches.
GeorgeRud
That is the common fuel pump relocation kit, it fixes a vapor lock situation that occurs with the fuel pump back by the ingine on a hot day. The last years of production had the fuel pumps relocated to the front trunk by the factory, but this looks to be an owner installed relocation.
Tobra
Judging by the hoses on it, it was done many moons ago, it is a funky looking little pump, never seen one like it.
DanT
Better like this biggrin.gif
Tobra
That is better idea.gif way better, did you put louvers in the bottom of the spare well under that coooler? If yours is in the trunk, and mine is under it, in the MC hole with the spider webs and black widows, why does your pump look like that, and mine is nice and black. Didja pull that off a wreck that had it mounted like mine?

What size are those fuel hoses
jhadler
Dan,

That's a nice setup, and I think I may wind up with a very similar arrangement. Tried to route all the AN6 lines to the pump as it was mounted under the steering rack, and there was no way everything was gonna fit. Do you think there's any vapor-lock kindof problem with the fuel lines wrapping over the hot oil lines?

Yeah, I think my setup will look very similar. Even the towing light harness running along the left side... biggrin.gif

-Josh2
badeyeben
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Apr 10 2006, 12:19 AM) *

Better like this :D

Very nice relocation. Is that the oil cooler in the center? By the way, I assume the fan pushes the air through the cooler? Where is drawing from? The nose of the car around the headlights?

I am new to the forum. 74 1.8L.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.