Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: saw a cayman today [black]
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
build one of these in a turbo version,that is just what this car needs. it looks like it could be the ultimate high performance p car.
DanT
They wouldn't want to trump their "cash cow" (read 911) ohmy.gif

Chances are as long as Porsche produces some itteration of the 911 you will never see a high horsepower Cayman or Boxster.
We all know the advantages of mid engine
Several years ago the GT1 kind of looked like a 911 but, guess what, it was midengined biggrin.gif

drew365
I'm hoping they will build a light weight Cayman for club racing at some point. I know they won't ever raise the HP if it threatens the 911 franchise.
messix
just stupid to have a platform just begging for power, it could really be a supercar killer,[oops did i just figure it out?] small mid engine, put 440 hp in it for it's brother and oh no your killing vipers and z06 and then you'll be killing lambo and those italian pos.
Brian Mifsud
Same game, different era... 944 was Porsches (admittely) best handling car 'til the Boxster... could have easily outpaced the 911.. but hell, the 911's tooling was paid for a decade prior...why goof with profits....
McMark
I got to see and sit in a few Caymans this week. Regarding a turbo version, there's a reason the inital Cayman is called the Cayman S. Just like the first Cayenne was the Cayenne S. I won't be surprised in the least to see both a turbo version as well as a low power (4 cyl?) version come out, just like the Cayenne.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.