Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Caps...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
While I know that eventually I'll be buying and installing a new dash, I've decided that for the short term I'll install a dash cap.

I've been looking around on the web and found that prices vary depending on whether its a COVERLAY or a A.N.Other brand.

At Pelican Parts, the Coverlay is $105.45 while at Other sites (1A-Auto Parts / AutoTop SuperStore / TOPSOnline) the "no-name" prices range from $68 to $80.

Is Coverlay worth the extra 50-is dollars?

Anyone have any experience with the "no name" brands.

Thanks in advance!

Doug
blitZ
Partial hijacked.gif

I am interested in this also. I also see the reDash on Ebay for $55 or so, anyone tried one. The covering on my current dash is wrinkled. What do you have to do to get a cap to correctly, cut out the wrinkles?
StratPlayer
The redash that is sold on ebay is so much better than the coverlay one for a lot more money. The grain in the cap is excellent and you don't need any glue to hold it in place.. The A Pillars on the driver and passenger side is what hold this cap in place. So the pillars have to be removed to put the cap in place. The fit is great and it looks great. Much better that the coverlay dash cap IMHO.
ruddyboys
Anyone a photo of a dash with the overlay on?
blitZ
QUOTE (ruddyboys @ Apr 10 2006, 01:09 PM)
Anyone a photo of a dash with the overlay on?

Here is the redash seller's site with pics, for what it's worth.

Porsche Palace
dagdal1967
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Apr 10 2006, 08:09 AM)
The redash that is sold on ebay is so much better that the coverlay one for a lot more money. The grain in the cap is excellent and you don't need any glue to hold it in place.. The A Pillars on the driver and passenger side is what hold this cap in place. So the pillars have to be removed to put the cap in place. The fit is great and it looks great. Much better that the coverlay dash cap IMHO.

How much work is involved in removing the A pilars. Not something I've done before (or would even know how to go about doing...)

If its going to be a huge job (or a job that I'm going to have to have someone else do) then maybe I should just get a new dash.

Ugh.. I just wanted a quick & temporary solution.

D.
Mueller
QUOTE (dagdal1967 @ Apr 10 2006, 11:08 AM)
How much work is involved in removing the A pilars. Not something I've done before (or would even know how to go about doing...)

If its going to be a huge job (or a job that I'm going to have to have someone else do) then maybe I should just get a new dash.

Ugh.. I just wanted a quick & temporary solution.

D.

know how to operate a screwdriver??? wacko.gif
TINCAN914
Just a few screws on each side, wont take but a few minutes..
porschecb
I used the one on Ebay. It looks and fits great. They do tell you about being out in direct sunlight for to long (plastic is really thin) wink.gif
turbo914v8
I have a used one for sale, in good condition $30.00 plus shipping first to PM me gets it. wink.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.