Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling those under privileged 1.7 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Ok so I was trying to install my vacuum hose kit yesterday. Most of the hoses were missing when I bought the car. Of those that were attached I have replaced them in the correct locations.

Here's where I need help. There are three outlets on the throttle body. One is for the MPS the other two go.... where?

Also where does the decel valve get mounted.

It would be a great help if someone could take a good quality pic that we could label and throw into the classics.

OH and all you smartasses that will throw up the link to PP vacuum hose diagram... DON'T. It is about as helpful as the Haynes manual.

Thanks in advance as usual guys smile.gif
hmeeder
Throttle Body?

The MPS goes off a nipple on the air distributor, no?

The two on the throttle body itself, larger one to the vacuum advance on the diz and the smaller one to the retard side of the diz.
mike_the_man
One of the vacuum ports of the TB goes to the dizzy vaccum canister. Of hand, I'm not sure where the other one goes. I believe the decel valve gets mounted on the passager side of the engine bay, somewhere around the MPS, although you really don't need the decel valve. I pulled it in mine.

I have a pic at home thats helpful. If someone hasn't posted it by then, I'll get it up.
tdgray
Sorry guys... my typing got ahead of my brain.

OK not the throttle body. The air dist.

If you are looking from the back of the car it is to the right of the TB. It has three outlets. One smaller than the others (I believe this is where the MPS goes).

Thanks for the help.

And YES a pic would be greatly appreciated.
drewvw

I just redid most of my vacuum hoses this weekend, I found this to be really helpful:

1.7 Vacuum Hose Diagram

r_towle
Approach the car from the passenger side.

Look into the engine bay.

Back left of the Plenum is the port for the MPS.
Decel Valve goes into a fitting that is connected to the AAR valve, on the right drivers side of the plenum.

the two vacuum ports on the throttle body go to the dizzy.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
Three ports on the TB? Never seen one of those on a teener. There's an advance port, and a retard port. The plenum has multiple ports, and varies by year. The port on the left side near the cold start valve is for the AAR, and on later 1.7s the hose there has a tap for the small line to the decel valve. The right side has one port for the MPS, and it's 8mm. Later cars have a second port there for the decel valve, and it's 10mm. The Cap'n
drewvw

pics would help...this is real fresh in my mind so its one of the few things I can actually help with on a 914 cool.gif
tdgray
I'll take pics tonight if I can.

Thanks for all your help guys. I know I am calling things wrong names etc. This is kinda greek to me still.

drewvw

and while your at it, lets see some pics of that MGA! I love those cars....
Bleyseng
Here's a 1.7l engine bay.IPB Image
mike_the_man
Now that we're up and running, I should be able to get a good pic up tonight. It's on my computer at home.

It's good to be back here! piratenanner.gif
mike_the_man
Here is a good pic, although it's of a 2.0L, it should still be helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.