Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting in the steel lines tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

I have some steel brake line I am going to use for the engine fuel lines and I bought a pipe bender.

Any advice (angles, best practice, etc) out there before I start? Looks pretty straightforward but I've never done the bending before....

ClayPerrine
Don't get in a hurry. Its easy to kink the line if you try to rush it.

Just take it slow and make the bends a little at a time. Make your bends less than they need to be, and creep up on the actual angle. Bending the tube back fatigues it and could make it crack.

Good luck.
Jaiden
Yeah make sure you don't get your line caught on your wiring harness wacko.gif wacko.gif

Ask me how I know!!! pray.gif
drewvw
Thanks for the advice you guys....

I was thinking about the approach in my sleep last night. I think I am going to put one 60 degree bend in to start (to route it under the battery tray - no battery ) and then probably a 90 to connect it to the fuel pump and return line.

Not sure if mine are setup like original, they were done once before and looks pretty easy to just plug in the steel to the rubber there. And yes, the rubber lines look okay....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.