Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brazing rust holes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mcbain77
I don't know if anyone here still uses oxy-fuel torches for bodywork repair but i filled in a few holes in my floorpan with some decent results. I will post some before and after pics once I am finished.

Anyone have any good tips and techniques?
SirAndy
QUOTE(mcbain77 @ Apr 10 2006, 12:40 PM) *

I don't know if anyone here still uses oxy-fuel torches for bodywork repair but i filled in a few holes in my floorpan with some decent results. I will post some before and after pics once I am finished.

patience ... i really like to do this on a ground up restauration. it takes time and patience, but IMHO, it is lightyears better than bodyfiller bondo crap-o-la ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
messix
i've done it to fill for pin holes and stress cracks. werx good. fill a little high and file down.
reddog
QUOTE(mcbain77 @ Apr 10 2006, 12:40 PM) *

icon_bump.gif For small holes (pinhole really) it works, great and is world class repair...use right temp...don't distort metal with the heat... use moist bastos (sp?) for heat sink...yada beerchug.gif
messix
watch how much heat you put into a panel its easy to get to much and warp a panel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.