Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Digifant hall effect C.A.S.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TeamAxisRacing
hey i was doing a bit of research to try and use a real crank angle sensor with a aftermarket EFI setup, instead of fabbing up a crank sensor. from what i heard you can potentially use a vanigon digifant CAS unit?(hall effect). any info on year that will fit in a type 4 case. any help or suggestions would be appreciated, ill probialy edit this later cause it is late and i had a few beers drunk.gif
DNHunt
Blair

Take the dizzy out of the Westy and see if it will work. I think some of the later busses have an optical wheel. I plan on using something like that in the future for a second sensor so I can run sequential and COP.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 13 2006, 06:07 AM) *

Blair

Take the dizzy out of the Westy and see if it will work. I think some of the later busses have an optical wheel. I plan on using something like that in the future for a second sensor so I can run sequential and COP.

Dave

The Westy has a standard Vacuum advance dizzy. The digi dizzy looks like the pic outta a 86-90 Vanagon. smash.gif
IPB Image
DNHunt
I think they have some down at All German on West Marginal Way. It might be dear though cause they love their stuff. Time to prowl the junk yards.

Dave
Bleyseng
new they are $257 so used would be good!

I might swing by .....we gotta get the new project (turbo 1.7) going so Blair can start getting all the tubing bent and fab'd up. This shit has gotta be together so when I get back it can be assembled and tuning started.
We'll cook this 1.7l or atleast see how long it lasts at 15lbs of boost.
yarin
If you are on a tight budget get a 009 and lock the advance mechanism. Buy an optical conversion or pertronix and go that route.

A Vanagon dizzy would be nice. hard to find used though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.