Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
Shooting the breeze with some high perf. engine guys who informed me about an oil called Royal Purple, checked the website and of course it sounds like the best thing since sliced bread. Any thoughts or experiences out there??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
krazykonrad
I've had really good luck with Red Line oil products. I've "heard" that royal purple is jumk but I'm have no basis in fact one way or the other. If its on the internet, it must be true! laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Apr 13 2006, 04:34 AM) *

I've had really good luck with Red Line oil products. I've "heard" that royal purple is jumk but I'm have no basis in fact one way or the other. If its on the internet, it must be true! laugh.gif

Jake RAby is going to do some real world testing coming up next month. We shall know very soon what is good and what is Hype.
However I believe royal Purple to be better than average.
Suprisingly some of the comercial truck oils are very good and should provide good protection in aircooled engine also. there is a long thread about it on Shop Talk Forums. Lots of other stuff too so just go check it out. No link cuz I'm Lazy
drewvw

A lot of the guys in the S2000 club I was in used Royal Purple, they all raved about it....
URY914
I use it per Jake's advice. He has tested it along with others in the past and it was the winner.
The was a thread here a few months ago about, so you may want to do a search.
iamchappy
Thumbs up on Royal Purple.
Robert21
laugh.gif I,am using Royal Purple , engine is running cooler. So far so good.
Robert
GeorgeRud
I'm using Royal Purple in my 915 transmission, and it shifts like a dream. My local hotshot Porsche mechanic swears by the stuff.
toon1
I asked th same question a couple months ago. Jake recommended it, he thought it was better than redline.

I took his advice and am using it. It's not cheap. i havn't had any experiance with anything else in the aircooled engine. This is my first one. It seems to be good, I will definetly switch to it in my dodge truck.
IanStott
Is Jake testing it now or has he tested it and is recommending it?

Ian Stott
Loser_Cruiser
We use the Royal Purple 75W-90W in the bug and 914. Runs 5 to 10 degrees cooler in the summer heat. 75W when starting(cold) gets to 90W when at operating temperature. They make other weight combinations, but have stuck with the 75W-90W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.