Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sticking seatbelt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
I've got a sticking seatbelt i.e. you've got to pull it out very slowly so it wont lock up. How can I adjust this without going too far in the other direction and have my passenger eat dashboard when I stop?
Many Thanks!
Konrad 72 (retractible seatbelts)
Marlow
Sounds like you need to replace it. There's really nothing inside to adjust and messing with the inertia pendulum (the part that locks the belt during sudden deceleration) is asking for trouble. I would replace it. You can find good used belts on Ebay or the classifieds here. There are a bunch of threads detailing the use of 944 seatbelts with minor modification to the mounting point.
riverman
The only thing I can think to do would be to see if the inertia pendulum is sticking. Be very careful if you take the seatbelt retractor apart. The spring inside has a tendancy to "explode" and could take an eye out.
rhodyguy
just pull the belt out slowly and live with it. the angle of the unit has alot to do with the operation. i go through this all the time with new passengers. i reach across and pull it out in a slow steady manner, and it works just fine. you can't grasp the belt and just yank on it.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.