Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line size and length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
I just pulled the 72' out of storage and I am going to change the fuel lines. what size and how long do I need it? I have the 1.7 with fuel injection. I know I can just search and find it but theres no fun in that after being away for 2 days. Thanks
drewvw
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Apr 13 2006, 04:44 AM) *

I just pulled the 72' out of storage and I am going to change the fuel lines. what size and how long do I need it? I have the 1.7 with fuel injection. I know I can just search and find it but theres no fun in that after being away for 2 days. Thanks

I just got done replacing the plastic lines in the (engine compartment only) with steel brake lines. I used 3/8" and 5/16" X 60" rod for each was more than enough. In my research it seems like you need approx 60" (maybe a bit more) for the tunnel and 48" for the engine compartment.

worked out good...just don't swap the return and pressure lines when you hook it back up! laugh.gif
zymurgist
I used 5/16" for both supply and return lines (60" and 48") in a '74 2.0. I used brass fittings at the firewall to connect them together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.