Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plastic connectors on the Wire Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I know that I should not. I have read the posts saying that to do it is to open pandora's box. But I want to rebuild my wiring harness. Mine is all over the place. Most of the casing is gone, and it is already half out of the car from my resto anyhow. I'd like to build in some expansion and put in a modern fuse panel so that I could run more power for lights, music etc. Everythign else on the car is getting swapped out - it seems. The wires are a known weak link. They need to go too.

And besides. I know that I totally have Dirk Wight's Desease, and the car will not come off the stands for years and years... So while I'm there, I may as well....

I know that some of you here have done it, where do you get the plastic plugs and connectors? The wire colors I can find, but not the connectors.

And if you can't find them, how are those of you that are rebuilding your wires doing it? Drilling out the old wire and carefully soldering a new one in?

Zach
RON S.
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 13 2006, 09:01 AM) *

I know that some of you here have done it, where do you get the plastic plugs and connectors?

Zach

Zach,
Patrick Motorsports can get them.

I bought a conversion harness from them a couple years back,and it was a complete plug-in to the original system.I also got them to sell me an extra plug for some other wiring.

I don't know if the'd sell any alone and outright,but it couldn't hurt to give'm a call.

Ron
brp914
auto atlanta sells them, too. Used to buy them them from foreign flaps - but what happened to those places?. Anyway, all I wanted to say was, eliminate variables - dont take your entire car apart and do the harness at the same time. That would be inviting disaster. If your car is running, make your harness first, and make sure it runs before going on. Side question - how come solder smoke is diabolically attracted to ones nostrils?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.