Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got a lead on an auto-x car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
charlesmac
A porsche guy (mostly 911s) just moved back to jackson, I think from N.C., and has a '73 914 track car he wants to get rid of. He doesn't know a whole lot about the car and I haven't been able to give a thorough inspection, but he said it's been swapped around quite a while. It's blue and yellow, sc flares on the back, looks like panasports on it, adjustable front bar, big bore 2.0, i guess 96mm, and i saw where it had stickers on the front fender that said hess engineering. anybody know anything about it? I'll try to get some pics in a couple of days.
URY914
Hess Engineering designs the firetrucks they sell at Hess gas stations during Christmas.

OK, no I never heard of them.

BTW, I went to Miss State for a year (the longest year of my life)

Paul
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 13 2006, 12:28 PM) *

Hess Engineering designs the firetrucks they sell at Hess gas stations during Christmas.

OK, no I never heard of them.

BTW, I went to Miss State for a year (the longest year of my life)

Paul

You can come back for a visit anytime Paul. Maybe bring that Rob Watson guy with ya.

Charles what class would you suspect this car to be in?
96's put it straight into Street Mod 2 IF IT is more than 2100 pounds
If less than 2100 lbs then the only option is XP or sumpin Modified. blink.gif

I say get it. rolleyes.gif
charlesmac
Fire trucks, huh? I should be able to really hose off the competition. laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(charlesmac @ Apr 13 2006, 12:33 PM) *

Fire trucks, huh? I should be able to really hose off the competition. laugh.gif

You gotta catch me 1st dry.gif
charlesmac
He said the car is around 1800 lbs. 916 front bumper, fiberglass hood. I'm gonna try to swap him a 911 I picked up (not sure why I bought it), cause i'd much rather have the 914.
Joe Ricard
i'd much rather have the 914.

THAT RUNS driving.gif

Charles we need to talk more. Ya know 911 engines fit in 914's I got this grey car without a motor.
charlesmac
'74 911S, 2.7, I'm waiting on parts for the carbs (webers) so i can finish rebuiling them. I don't know how he got the car to run with all the trash that was in the carbs. You might as well switch to the 5 lug set up while you're at it if you go with a 6.
Joe Ricard
I just don't understand that logic get a 6 = must convert to 5 lug.

Since I have about a butt load of money tied up in 4 lug wheels I would go with the Mueller hubs. smash.gif
charlesmac
ok....let me rephrase. If you're going with a six, you might as well buy the suspension/brakes/rims off my car too. remember, I'm an underpaid overworked high school teacher, at least for the next 6 weeks. sumer is a cumin in rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif
Joe Ricard
sumer is a cumin in rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif
[/quote]
Does that mean you will finish the Raby motor? piratenanner.gif
charlesmac
to do list:
build shop-build street/strip buggy-build raby motor for 914-build 914-rebuild other 914-get rid of cars in the yard-yeah, i should get it done this summer, it's close to the top of the list. hey, i might need a driving car to test it in if I don't get the car finished soon. interested?
Joe Ricard
[quote name='charlesmac' date='Apr 13 2006, 02:12 PM' post='657643']
to do list:
build shop-build street/strip buggy-build raby motor for 914-build 914-rebuild other 914-get rid of cars in the yard-yeah, i should get it done this summer, it's close to the top of the list. hey, i might need a driving car to test it in if I don't get the car finished soon. interested?
[/quote

DUH HA. piratenanner.gif
Let me know and we can campaign the Red Neck Racer at Nationals. I would even consider contributing my header and Mallory dizzy and 44IDF's burnout.gif
charlesmac
I think we might be on to something. the header and mallory are the 2 things i haven't gotten yet. hmm... one more thing to think about
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(charlesmac @ Apr 13 2006, 03:16 PM) *

I think we might be on to something. the header and mallory are the 2 things i haven't gotten yet. hmm... one more thing to think about

Either I am a Freakng Genious or I pay attention. chatsmiley.gif
SLITS
Hess Engineering.....was his first name Adolph?
charlesmac
I dont know what his first name is, you can just barely see an outline on the front fender where the stickers used to be and the paint didn't fade that said HESS ENGINEERING.. I'm gonna try to talk with Gerald more about the car this weekend and see if I can get some pics to post so if anybody might have seen the car before, that would prolly help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.