Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat interior material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
big_jesus
what are the seats made of? do you think they'd last as the primary seats for a different car, or are they fragile? (like, do you need to have a bar/wall behind them for structural support?)

thanks!
Mueller
QUOTE(big_jesus @ Apr 13 2006, 12:32 PM) *

what are the seats made of? do you think they'd last as the primary seats for a different car, or are they fragile? (like, do you need to have a bar/wall behind them for structural support?)

thanks!

I'm pretty sure the bases are a fiberglass based material...possibly with steel inserts????

there is no support behind them in the stock application, so you should be fine....not sure I'd use them in a off-road dune buggy if you are flying 20 ft thru the air......
John
There are no steel inserts in the fiberglass buckets for support. The only steel that 'may' be in there would be where the rails bolt on.

We have modified a couple sets to add bolsters to the sides. One set is in our track car (has holes for the belts) and one set is in my silver street car.

I could take a pic or 2 of bare shells when I get home tonight.

They could be put to use in other places, but why? There are more comfortable alternatives out there.
big_jesus
sure there are more comfy options, but i kinda just really like the way the 914 seats look. it's form over function. as long as they won't crack under pressure or anything, they're my choice.

i'd really appreciate the pic of just the shells, if you don't mind. thanks a lot!

if you use them on the track, they should be just fine for me.
markb
I use one as my desk chair and have no problems at all with comfort.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.