Full Version: Does the site still take pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I'm reducing just as before.
does the site still take pictures?

tia
brant
neo914-6
downsizing doesn't seem to matter. For me it states "Global space left: 0 bytes"

I asked about it in the "bug" thread but no one responded...
Bleyseng
Post your pics on photobucket.com and copy the IMG tag into your post. Lots of bugs to fix but on most BBS's you have to host your pics somewhere else so their servers aren't full on our pics like here.

Post your pics on photobucket.com and copy the IMG tag into your post. Lots of bugs to fix but on most BBS's you have to host your pics somewhere else so their servers aren't full on our pics like here.
blink.gif blink.gif
brant
oh...

ok...

I'll worry about it later then.

brant
Rand
The admins have their hands full right now. But when they get time they will increase the upload allowances (which default to 300k, so low you can't upload much of anything). So, you gotta wait for the tweak, or do as Geoff says in the mean time.... host your image off site and link to it.
Gint
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 13 2006, 02:21 PM) *

I'm reducing just as before.
does the site still take pictures?

tia
brant

I think I just fixed that. Testing...

J P Stein
Humm.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads7/Im...81144885790.jpg

Not as much fun as a pic here.
Gint
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 13 2006, 05:43 PM) *

burnout.gif You have to know how to attach a link to a pic from another site.

We're dealing with an attachment issue....
J P Stein
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 13 2006, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 13 2006, 05:43 PM) *

burnout.gif You have to know how to attach a link to a pic from another site.

We're dealing with an attachment issue...

IPB Image

Well, since you put it that way, I still don't know how. laugh.gif
Mueller
purdy rims and tires....... drooley.gif
Gint
Here we go...

I'm not crazy about this thumbnail thing...
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 13 2006, 06:06 PM) *

Is that the way pics are going to be from now on?
Eric_Shea
tia
brant

Also... I like the fact that the club has an "Aunt Brant" now... laugh.gif
McMark
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 13 2006, 06:43 PM) *

Nope. The board was set to auto-thumbnail images that were over 125 pixels wide or tall. It's now set to auto-thumbnail images over 640 pixels. So basically this means that all images on the site will be 640x640 or smaller and larger images will be auto-scaled. So no more insanely large images. biggrin.gif
brant

I knew that year of high school spanish would pay off....
I like it!

brant

Gint
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 13 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Nope. The board was set to auto-thumbnail images that were over 125 pixels wide or tall. It's now set to auto-thumbnail images over 640 pixels. So basically this means that all images on the site will be 640x640 or smaller and larger images will be auto-scaled. So no more insanely large images. biggrin.gif

I just changed it to 800x600 I hate the jags when pics get resized to 640 pix.

In fact I'm really beginning to hate the whole thumbnail thing entirely.
J P Stein
test
works for me, gud job, Gint. clap56.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 14 2006, 12:28 AM) *

I actually dig the thumbnail thing. The old version of the board had been modified to put each post in a different table or div (I forget which). This did away with having to scroll left and right to read the posts in a thread when someone had posted an enormous picture.

Now, if someone posts something wider than the 800 pixels that you set, if creates a thumbnail. It eliminates the needs for the mod to the code to eliminate the scrolling.

If everyone keeps their pics to less than 800 pixels wide, thumbnails won't be bothering anyone. type.gif
Lou W
Works great, I just updated my progress thread, you can delete previous pictures and replace them with new ones too. Pretty cool stuff. beerchug.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Apr 14 2006, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 14 2006, 12:28 AM) *

I actually dig the thumbnail thing. The old version of the board had been modified to put each post in a different table or div (I forget which). This did away with having to scroll left and right to read the posts in a thread when someone had posted an enormous picture.

Now, if someone posts something wider than the 800 pixels that you set, if creates a thumbnail. It eliminates the needs for the mod to the code to eliminate the scrolling.

If everyone keeps their pics to less than 800 pixels wide, thumbnails won't be bothering anyone. type.gif

It was actually just a hair over 800x600. I now have it at 805x805 so anything posted at 800x600 OR 600x800 will not get thumbnailed. That's pretty much the maximum reasonable size. Anything beyond that will get resized and keep the horizontal scrolling (I really hate that) to a minimum. And the customization Andy made the first time will not be necessary as you stated.

I'm happy now... biggrin.gif
STL914
testing:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.