Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - New Daily Driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LowGT
In the last year I've gone from owning 2 v6 cars (1 turbo) and 1 v8, to having 3 4cyl vehicles. That's gas prices for you I guess.

Anyway, the rule of the V8 Mountaineer has come to an end. We bought a house back in October and found out a SUV is not good for hauling stuff. Yea, you can get gravel, mulch, and sod in it but it makes a huge mess in the interior. Then a lot of stuff will fit in the cargo area, but not through the liftgate opening. And the gas mileage (16mpg) was sucky too. It sure could tow the 914 on a flatbed though.

So it went bye-bye and a 2003 Ranger now replaces it. It's easy to throw mulch, dirt, or whatever in the back and just rinse it out with a hose when you're done. It can't tow a 914 on a flatbed, but should be able to pull it on a tow dolly just fine. And after 1 tank of gas through the 4cyl 5spd, I'm getting 26mpg. mueba.gif So far it's been a great addition, I've already used it twice to get fertilizer and mulch for the house. I got the windows tinted today, but don't have pictures of that yet.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
LowGT
Awww.... new best friends. beerchug.gif

IPB Image
dlo914
Nice new ride. You sure you cant tow a 914 on a trailer w/ your Ranger? George (Maddeye) towed my 914 roller on a trailer w/ his Ranger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.