Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I AM SO FREAKING PISSED!!!!!!!!!&#
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Allan
Just found out today that the law allowing foreigners to bring their cars into the country was repealed. headbang.gif The information I had that allowed it was directly from the Turkish consulate website. Do they update it periodically? Fuck no... mad.gif

Looks like the /6 is going up for sale. dry.gif

I hate this shit........
Lou W
All the more reason to stay, are you sure you really want to go? smile.gif
messix
can you "sell" it to a turkish citizen to import it, then buy it back again whaen you get there?
elwood-914
O.K. I'll be the first asshole.........give ya $50 for it..........

Seriously that sucks......I love my car. I don't want any outside situation to take my car away...
Sorry bud
rhodyguy
is your wife a turkish national?

k
Flat VW
mad.gif
SLITS
Paging Howie The Magnificant to the White Courtesy Phone.....Paging Howie the Magnificant to the White Courtesy Phone.......we have a distress sale in progress.

Refuse to buy Camel Cigarettes....they're made with Turkish Tobacco....BOYCOT Turkish Products.....Burn cigarette holes in their carpet at the Consulate. Tell them if they made a better car, without humps, you would trade........Have Dubya set things right........Threaten them with the 914world.com wrath, we'll take down the only server they own......Call Ford and have them refuse to import Linclon Town Cars & SUVs.....tell them #4 was found in their sand and stromberg.gif is gonna sue them.
Flat VW
confused24.gif I keep hitting ignore on the butterfly thing with no result. mad.gif

John
Allan
The importation of cars is forbidden period.

Apparently the Turkish automakers (yes they have a bunch, toyotas, fiats, renaults, plus some domestic brands) lobbied the government and whined that it was affecting their share of the market and taking away jobs.

There are only a very few provisions that allow foreign vehicles into the country and neither my wife or I fall into them.
rhodyguy
enjoy your new fiat or skoda. ah HA!. i bet if your wifes uncle was a diplomat, and she had been going to USC for a few years, there would be no problem. this stinks.

k
SLITS
John.....you just ain't holdin' yer tongue right...... smoke.gif

Allan, just remind them that the possession of a NARP makes you really special and will attract world attention to their run down 4th rate country. That attention may bring them Foreign Aid (money) or a shitpile of troops if they piss off Dubya and he really likes NARPs.

Edit: PS...bring it down here...we'll take it apart and mail it to you piece by piece...The Army Way. idea.gif
street legal go-kart
Alan
I will add your car to the stable if I can drive it once a month dry.gif
Free storage driving.gif
you can store it for as long as you like laugh.gif

JT
Allan
Edit: PS...bring it down here...we'll take it apart and mail it to you piece by piece...The Army Way. idea.gif
[/quote]

I think the tub would be a problem.
SLITS
sawzall-smiley.gif Nope!
Allan
av-943.gif
rick 918-S
What did I miss? Where do you think your going? confused24.gif And Why would you want to go there? Aren't you scared for your wife? Does she have to wear a Berka? No offense intended. I'm very ignorent about the ways in Turkey.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Can you set the car up for storage or entrust someone to hold it for you until you come back?
SLITS
Plan "B":

We'll crate it and mark it "Medical Equipment - - - EDC"

EDC = Erectile Dysfunction Cure
Allan
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 13 2006, 03:03 PM) *

What did I miss? Where do you think your going? confused24.gif And Why would you want to go there? Aren't you scared for your wife? Does she have to wear a Berka? No offense intended. I'm very ignorent about the ways in Turkey.

Actually the Turks are very westernized. Head covering for women is not even allowed in public buildings. As for being scared for the wife dry.gif , she has a whole tribe back there.

It's a permanent move so storing the car isn't an option...
rick 918-S
Wow! When are you leaving? Before the WCC? I'm glad they are westernized. Too bad about the 6. I feel for ya man. Some things just aren't right.

Hey Alan! Could you import it for some kind of racing event and just forget to ship it back to the states? There must be some Porsche clubs there..... no?
bd1308
well wouldnt you want your nice /6 go to someone who will take care of it biggrin.gif

i'll take it and i'll even pay you (in monthly payment) in turkish money.

b
Allan
[quote name='rick 918-S' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:15 PM' post='657754']
Wow! When are you leaving?

Right after the house sells. I'm thinking the wife and daughter will leave in either late June or July. I'm still planning on going to the WCC if at all possible.
Joe Bob
Don't be TOO pissed at the Turks....they gonna be yer "Daddy" while yer there.

You going to try and get resident status or are you going in as a Tourist with a L O N G Visa and beaucoup American Greenbacks?
SLITS
Porsche Club Istanbul

Maybe these guys can help a Bakertuckian.
Howard
Allan, I think you have the worst 914 luck in the world. icon8.gif
grantsfo
Here is your solution pull the engine. Ship two pieces as furniture or a pieces of sculpture. On the serious side I bet there are third parities that can get around import restrictions for you - just do a search on the web.
rick 918-S
Man, I need to google Turkey. I didn't know they had snow there! huh.gif
Allan
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 13 2006, 04:08 PM) *

Man, I need to google Turkey. I didn't know they had snow there! huh.gif

Some great ski resorts in the central part of the country. Plus they have Mt. Ararat. Snow on top pretty much all year.
Mike D.
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 13 2006, 04:04 PM) *

Here is your solution pull the engine. Ship two pieces as furniture or a pieces of sculpture. On the serious side I bet there are third parities that can get around import restrictions for you - just do a search on the web.

agree.gif
Leamon had to ship a car to Thialand, and there was some rediculous 400% tax on imported cars. So they sent it as parts in crates. BIG CRATES. engine, tranny & exhaust as one piece, wheels separate, front struts and rear trailing arms in another, seats, steering wheel, door pannels and carpet in yet another and finally the TUB. At that point it's not a car just one big car part...

Good Luck
dekman
OK...OK...Howard here is your big chance! Help out Allen....Listen to SLITS....BE the MAN...keep this "6" in the club...and do the right thing. clap23.gif
bjorn jacobson
Merhaba Allen,

Where in Turkey are you moving to? My dad was stationed at Incirlik just outside of Adana from '84 to '86. I was twelve when we moved back to the states so I was a little young to get the full experience but I did enjoy the country.

BJ
Allan
QUOTE(bjorn jacobson @ Apr 13 2006, 05:26 PM) *

Merhaba Allen,

Where in Turkey are you moving to? My dad was stationed at Incirlik just outside of Adana from '84 to '86. I was twelve when we moved back to the states so I was a little young to get the full experience but I did enjoy the country.

BJ

Moving to Istanbul. Gonna by a place on the Marmara coast in Buyukcekmece.

I lived in Diyabakir back in '89 - '91.

My wife is from a town just outside of Gaziantep which isn't too far from Adana. I think she even has family there.
MattR
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 13 2006, 03:03 PM) *

Aren't you scared for your wife? Does she have to wear a Berka? No offense intended. I'm very ignorent about the ways in Turkey.

Wow... Do you know where Turkey is? Thats amazing. I always scoffed at the map tests I took in high school, but at least I dont post stuff like that now.

You really are very ignorant of the ways of Turkey. A berka? Turkey is secular!

Allan, do they wear Berkas in Greece too? Because Turkey shares its waters with Greece, they must be Moslem and therefore enforece everybody to wear Berkas.

flag.gif
Howard
Matt, that was impolite. Apologize this minute or go to your room.
bondo
QUOTE(MattR @ Apr 13 2006, 05:35 PM) *

Wow... Do you know where Turkey is? Thats amazing. I always scoffed at the map tests I took in high school, but at least I dont post stuff like that now.

I also don't know much about Turkey.. but I DO know "It's Istanbul not Constantinople" smile.gif
MattR
QUOTE(Howard @ Apr 13 2006, 05:40 PM) *

Matt, that was impolite. Apologize this minute or go to your room.

I'll go back to watching the Daily Show with John Stewart now...
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 13 2006, 04:22 PM) *

Some great ski resorts in the central part of the country. Plus they have Mt. Ararat. Snow on top pretty much all year.

Yeah, but you gotta watch out for that damn boat.
Howard
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 13 2006, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 13 2006, 04:22 PM) *

Yeah, but you gotta watch out for that damn boat.

drunk.gif It's on the History Channel now. Also covering the asteroid that will hit earth in 2012. Isn't a cubit about 3 feet? Can you hear me Noah?
rick 918-S
[quote name='MattR' date='Apr 13 2006, 04:35 PM' post='657894']
[quote name='rick 918-S' post='657740' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:03 PM']
Aren't you scared for your wife? Does she have to wear a Berka? No offense intended. I'm very ignorent about the ways in Turkey.
[/quote]

You really are very ignorant of the ways of Turkey. A berka? Turkey is secular!

I said I was ignorant when It comes to the customs and religious requirements of Turkey, I meant no disrespect, I'm not sure of your intensions ... cool_shades.gif Please use smiley's if your not intending to disrespect your elders.. poke.gif
MattR
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 13 2006, 08:27 PM) *

I said I was ignorant when It comes to the customs and religious requirements of Turkey, I meant no disrespect, I'm not sure of your intensions ... cool_shades.gif Please use smiley's if your not intending to disrespect your elders.. poke.gif

Intentions were to express my emotion of shock that someone could come out on a public forum and be so ignorant. I use dictionary.com just about every time I post to make sure as many words are spelled right. If I'm not sure on a statistic or fact, I check it using my resources to make the most educated post I can. Now you're putting down someone's new culture and his wife's culture because you're too *insert word* to do the research before you posted. I think its a severe disrespect to Allan. I wasnt attacking you personally, per se. I was only expressing my emotion.
lagunero
who said you could come out of your room, young man?
messix
QUOTE(MattR @ Apr 13 2006, 10:27 PM) *

Intentions were to express my emotion of shock that someone could come out on a public forum and be so ignorant. I use dictionary.com just about every time I post to make sure as many words are spelled right. If I'm not sure on a statistic or fact, I check it using my resources to make the most educated post I can. Now you're putting down someone's new culture and his wife's culture because you're too *insert word* to do the research before you posted. I think its a severe disrespect to Allan. I wasnt attacking you personally, per se. I was only expressing my emotion.

lighten up frances. misspellings and ignorance is what makes this place fun, that s what gives us the ammo to razz them when thy're talking out they're ass.
MattR
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 13 2006, 10:41 PM) *

lighten up frances. misspellings and ignorance is what makes this place fun, that s what gives us the ammo to razz them when thy're talking out they're ass.

Yeah, you're probably right...

take 2 prozak and get back on the board in the morning

i didnt even spell prozak. that may be way off in spelling, and if anyone yells at me, I guess I just wont read it!

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MattR @ Apr 13 2006, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 13 2006, 10:41 PM) *

Yeah, you're probably right...

take 2 prozak and get back on the board in the morning

i didnt even spell prozak. that may be way off in spelling, and if anyone yells at me, I guess I just wont read it!

biggrin.gif

I took a ProSak and my SACK got huge! laugh.gif
crash914
allen, just store it in the lot at my company..... dry.gif

I will hold on to it until they change the law...

You will have to check in when you get there...

I would really like to go back to visit...had a blast last time I was in Turkey....
alan9144
Possible solution to your problem. Import the car to the UK (or better still Ireland, this would be cheaper). I will store it in Scotland and make sure it is regularly used so nothing breaks laugh.gif Then you can come for a holiday to Scotland and drive it over too Turkey through Europe. They can't stop you driving it in to the country.

Problem solved smilie_pokal.gif

Al
Dr Evil
I had the same sort of idea today. Import it to Greece and drive it home. Leave the CA plates on it piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
Oh and Al, welcome.png jsharp.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(MattR @ Apr 13 2006, 09:27 PM) *

Must be nice to have you kind of time to look up everything you do in your life. I guess your never wrong with anything you say or do then. Are you that insecure?

For me, I ask questions. Allen was very polite with his response. He's been around here long enough to know not everyone knows everything like you. My questions we stated politely.

Unlike your comments, I ment no offense. Must be nice to be you. Your a very special boy. You know so much and so little. Things start to become clear as you mature. cool_shades.gif
Allan
C'mon guys it's all good. I work with engineers, v.p.'s, lawyers, teachers, etc. everyday and most don't know what part of the world Turkey is even in. I had a doctor (no offense Mike) ask me if Turkey was part of Africa blink.gif .

To get this train back on its rails, I am still looking for a way. I have contacted the Porsche Club of Istanbul to see if they could offer any advice. I also have a contact there who may fall into one of the catagories that allow for the importation. Might have to "sell" it to her, get it there and then "buy" it back.

All I know is, that no matter how it's done it's still gonna be a real big hassle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.