Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Barrett and Carroll Shelby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Barrett Jackson Auction $600,000 for the first 2007 Ford/Shelby GT500...

5.4 liter and 427 HP

replaces the Mustang Cobra

IPB Image
campbellcj
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Apr 13 2006, 07:06 PM) *

Barrett Jackson Auction $600,000 for the first 2007 Ford/Shelby GT500...

5.4 liter and 427 HP

replaces the Mustang Cobra

IPB Image

Dang...that would probably buy a real Cobra AND a GT350...

I just read last nite that a new Hertz "rent-a-racer" model (ala GT350H/GT500H) is due out shortly. It is a pimped GT with like 330hp that will be rented at $100-ish a day. The article said Hertz will carefully screen renters and scrutinize each car when returned to ensure that not too much fun has been had at their expense...
drew365
I saw the first Cobra at the Petersen. It hasn't been restored. Pretty neat to look at the worn seats and think about the list of names that jumped in there to have a turn at the wheel.
Seagrave
The sad thing is that whoever buys it will probably keep it stored away for investment purposes. I'm guessing that it will not return the investment soon. Maybe some Google multimillionaire wanted one 'cuz his daddy had a GT500 in the 60's. Just think of all the other cool cars you could get for $600K. Just take your check to Fantasy Junction up in Emeryville and pick up the ex Bruno Giacomelli 1980 F1 Alfa 12 cylinder for just under 200K, then another $180K will buy you a 2005 Ford GT Coupe (supercharged), and $229K for a 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 with about 30,000 original miles. On the other hand you might be able to round up about 20 really nice 914's and build a shop to put them in.
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(Seagrave @ Apr 13 2006, 08:30 PM) *

... On the other hand you might be able to round up about 20 really nice 914's and build a shop to put them in.

don't spend time counting the heart beats waiting for them to appreciate!!

I"m sure once it is released, the production car will retail for less than $50k..
markb
Dang...that would probably buy a real Cobra AND a GT350...

I just read last nite that a new Hertz "rent-a-racer" model (ala GT350H/GT500H) is due out shortly. It is a pimped GT with like 330hp that will be rented at $100-ish a day. The article said Hertz will carefully screen renters and scrutinize each car when returned to ensure that not too much fun has been had at their expense...
[/quote]

Will the new Hertz be black with gold stripes, like the originals?
campbellcj
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 13 2006, 09:48 PM) *

Will the new Hertz be black with gold stripes, like the originals?

Yep...

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/1087...ertz-racer.html

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.