Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I just bought a new Toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I was browsing Craigslist and ran across something that is actually prohibited to sell and figured it was too good to be true. I was just talking to a friend at the hall about buying a revolver and wanting a Colt Python or Ruger GP100 or something along those lines. Well, it must be fate, I open up CL and look under sporting and there it is! The price is about half of what I could actually buy it for so I thought it would already be sold but figured, WTF, give the guy a call. It's mine! We are going to meet at Grant boys tomorrow and do the deal. I am so excited. I know, no P content but this is so cool. Let me see if I can post a picture of it.

Click to view attachment
messix
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 13 2006, 10:32 PM) *

I was browsing Craigslist and ran across something that is actually prohibited to sell and figured it was too good to be true. I was just talking to a friend at the hall about buying a revolver and wanting a Colt Python or Ruger GP100 or something along those lines. Well, it must be fate, I open up CL and look under sporting and there it is! The price is about half of what I could actually buy it for so I thought it would already be sold but figured, WTF, give the guy a call. It's mine! We are going to meet at Grant boys tomorrow and do the deal. I am so excited. I know, no P content but this is so cool. Let me see if I can post a picture of it.

Click to view attachment

nice find. those shoot real nice, balance and mass are matched for good recoil control.
GWN7
Cool toy.... beerchug.gif

I bought one tonight too.....a 81 chev reg cab 4X4 6" lift and 31's needs a gun rack tho.... (No pics, picking it up Sat)
Hammy
What are you going to shoot... unsure.gif
skline
QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 13 2006, 09:37 PM) *

Just cans...............smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 13 2006, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 13 2006, 09:37 PM) *

Just cans...............smile.gif

ROFL.....

blanksicans (fill in the blank) laugh.gif

ex) ameriCANS
skline
No really, just cans. Paper targets, Co2 cylinders, stuff like that. I have never had a revolver in the house because of the kids, but they are all grown up and know better than to play with guns, or are moved away so since the house is all to myself, it was time. This is exactly what I was looking for even. I am so stoked.

I would never shoot anyone unless it was in self defense. The guilt of killing another person would be a lot to bear.
Joe Bob
Dey doan jam...but ya gotta hit sumthin and make it fall down in only six shots..... dry.gif
skline
QUOTE(! @ Apr 13 2006, 09:47 PM) *

Dey doan jam...but ya gotta hit sumthin and make it fall down in only six shots..... dry.gif

You have never been shootin with me, it only takes one shot! Thats all I need.
Twystd1
Scott said: You have never been shootin with me, it only takes one shot! Thats all I need.

Scott... thats the proper attitude. One shot.. One kill....

Unless you are shooting with me....... ar15.gif

Nice buy.. Scott.

When ya want lessons oh how to empty, speed load, close, walk and shoot. All at once.

AND:

Now you and Jake have something in common....

Twystd1
magaoidh
Here in OZ if we get real mad with someone, we chuck rocks or boomerangs. OT, I promise never ever to scam you!!!
Hammy
I remember at my grandparents old home up in the Sierras I used to shoot around with a .22 with a scope on it.
I remember one day my grandpa asked me if I wanted to go learn how to shoot the rifle. This shocked me because he was always kind of strict about things. Anyways, we were shooting sugar pine cones until they finally fell off the tree. Was a lot of fun. He and I seemed to be a lot closer after this...

Ahh..... anyways.
/End nostalgia.

Lou W
I bought mine back in 1980, Colt .38 Detective Special. smile.gif Your's looks bigger blink.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.