Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Porsche Club Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
56K warning. 50 minute .wmv video. Limited 914 content.
Tail draggers in the Swiss Alps.

beer3.gif IPB Image
Get comfortable and enjoy. It's definitely worth the time to watch.
Jacques
driving.gif Nice roads!
Brian Mifsud
The car the camera is in seems to be driven by a guy with a death wish. I counted 3 passes he made on a blind turn in the first couple minutes of the twisties. He cuts off a motorcycle while tucking his tail between his legs after screwing up on one of them.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Apr 14 2006, 10:22 AM) *

The car the camera is in seems to be driven by a guy with a death wish. I counted 3 passes he made on a blind turn in the first couple minutes of the twisties. He cuts off a motorcycle while tucking his tail between his legs after screwing up on one of them.

Yeah, the in car camera driver was definatly the "Prick on the inside" porsche owner. That was the firs thting that really caught my attention, was all the super dick passing.

Zach
rick 918-S
Very cool!
Stefan993
Hi there,

First of all, please excuse my bad English.
Well I am one of the drivers of that video smile.gif

Let me explain you some details of that video:
The video is edited with material coming from 3 different cars:
One camera was inside a 996Turbo,
another camera in a C1
one camera in my 993.

The picture you get from these small DV cameras differ quite a lot from the "reality". You will always have a reduced sightview. So you will not be able to see, what the driver is actually seeing.

QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Apr 14 2006, 04:22 PM) *

The car the camera is in seems to be driven by a guy with a death wish.

Well - this is not quite right.
I love my life and I respect other people's life.
The same applies for the other two drivers.

QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Apr 14 2006, 04:22 PM) *

I counted 3 passes he made on a blind turn in the first couple minutes of the twisties. He cuts off a motorcycle while tucking his tail between his legs after screwing up on one of them.

I can asure you that there have been not a single blind turn.
Driving through the European mountain roads you can see the oncoming traffic already miles ahead. So again - as you have only seen the reduced view of the camera, but not the view of the driver.

One thing that we all have to admit is that:
Yes - we have been speeding an not respecting the speed limit.

But we have never and will never endanger other people's life.
Our group of Porsche 911 owner's have been travelling now since years together through the European mountains (Switzerland, Austria, Italy and France) and so far there was never any accident during our trips. And I hope that this will be staying like that for the future.

Best Regards
Stefan
VegasRacer
Hallo Stefan. Willkommen zu unserer Verein. Danke für dein antwort. smilie_flagge6.gif

I wish we had such nice twisty roads and beautiful scenery here. driving.gif
DonTraver
Last year I went on 2 Porsche tours to Germany, they both came with new 997S Porsche's. This year I'm coming back in Sept on another tour. This one will visit Austria and Switzerland, fly into Frankfurt to pick up the 997S. YeeHaw.

Stefan is right, you can see far down the roads, even in the Black Forest. The roads are made for driving, not like ours at all, their roads put ours to shame. Great Video, thank you for posting it.

One other thing, How do you download and save this video? I'd really like to keep this.

Later, Don
lotus_65
...just another thing on the pile of "must do before i die!"

QUOTE(DonTraver @ Apr 18 2006, 08:59 AM) *

Last year I went on 2 Porsche tours to Germany, they both came with new 997S Porsche's. This year I'm coming back in Sept on another tour. This one will visit Austria and Switzerland, fly into Frankfurt to pick up the 997S. YeeHaw.

Stefan is right, you can see far down the roads, even in the Black Forest. The roads are made for driving, not like ours at all, their roads put ours to shame. Great Video, thank you for posting it.

One other thing, How do you download and save this video? I'd really like to keep this.

Later, Don

hey, don.

were those trips you took with a group, or how did you arrainge the car? i couldn't possibly do it, but i want to suggest something like it to my globe-trotting retired father who loves to drive.

thanks

paul
r_towle
Did a similar trip on my motorcycle...
Wonderful part of the world.

Rich
DonTraver
Went with www.autobahn-adventures.com. Mark and Tina 760-964-0280. Really nice people and there are still openings for the Sept 2006 trip.

All the info is on the website, comes with a new 997, 5 star hotels, meals, etc.

We pay for our flights and gas. Bring your ATM card, you get better exchange rates at ATM's than at a bank or money exchange.

Just scanned the flyer, it says it all.

Oh yeah, how good is the tour, over half of the people signed up for this year went last year.

Later, Don
Stefan993
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Apr 18 2006, 04:59 PM) *

Later, Don

Hi Don,
you can download the video by a right-hand mouse click and selecting the option "Save target as.."
BTW - there are now even more videos for download on my web-site. Enjoy smile.gif

When you come to Germany for driving Porsche, then I would recommend you DON'T use the German motorways. A Porsche is always built for country-roads. You will find nice roads in the black forest (I am actually living 30kms away from the black forest). If you have any chance to drive to Austria and Switzerland - then do it. There are some really nice roads - just keep your eyes open, as especially in Austria the policemen are waiting for Porsche drivers.
lotus_65
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Apr 18 2006, 05:08 PM) *

Went with www.autobahn-adventures.com. Mark and Tina 760-964-0280. Really nice people and there are still openings for the Sept 2006 trip.

All the info is on the website, comes with a new 997, 5 star hotels, meals, etc.

We pay for our flights and gas. Bring your ATM card, you get better exchange rates at ATM's than at a bank or money exchange.

Just scanned the flyer, it says it all.

Oh yeah, how good is the tour, over half of the people signed up for this year went last year.

Later, Don

Thanks, that looks too cool!
i forwarded the site to him but they will not go this fall as they just got back from central america, but maybe next year.
DEC
welcome.png

Hallo Stefan,
willkommen im Club

Grüsse

Wilco smilie_flagge6.gif
DonTraver
Last year when we left Frankfurt we went straight to the Nurbering (sp) where we took our 997S rentals out on the track for laps, just so cool. Being the new guy on the track, I'd pull over and let anyone pass when I saw them in the rear view mirror. Did get honked at by a GT3 who wanted to pass in the middle of a chicane, what? Then when I left I took the back roads to Stuggart, the nav system took me 50+km up one side of the Rhine and down the other, took all day to get to Stuggart, beautiful drive.

I love the back roads, but we did have to go on the Autobahn a few times, just so we could strech our legs and legally drive at +170mph(270kph). The best section was going to Liepzig and Rothenburg.

One thing that is really cool about Autobahn Adventures is you do not have to stay in a group or even meet up every night. If you want to go off on you own, you can. All they ask is that you let them know and call in each night on their cell to let them know your ok. You will have to pay for your hotel room if you decide to stay somewhere else.

This years trip includes Austria and Switzerland, cool. The ring has been scrubbed, insurance company found out, damn the luck.

My friends Keith and Martha and I are already meeting with Henrik in Frankfort, he has 1 of 3 RS America's in Germany. Maybe we could meet up with you Stephen and some Porsche Club members while were there. Are we going to be anywhere close on our schedule to any of you? We'd be up for it.

Take Care, Don
Stefan993
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Apr 19 2006, 05:19 PM) *

Maybe we could meet up with you Stephen and some Porsche Club members while were there. Are we going to be anywhere close on our schedule to any of you? We'd be up for it.

Take Care, Don

Hi Don,
meeting with you sounds like a nice idea.
Just let me know your planned driving route a couple of weeks before and I will arrange something. smile.gif

Best Regards
Stefan
davep
QUOTE(Stefan993 @ Apr 19 2006, 05:05 AM) *

BTW - there are now even more videos for download on my web-site. Enjoy smile.gif

http://www.993c2.de/htm/downloads.htm

Thanks Stefan!
DonTraver
I think we have a couple of free days, Stuttgart and somewhere else. We're still firguring out our route, I'll let you know. Will be nice to meet up.

Later, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.